The #1 Pep Band in College Basketball

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Paging Patriot Platoon leader...

Maybe we need to bring in the Screaming Eagles and La Barra Brava leaders to give tutorials on how this works.
Is there a Patriot Platoon leader? Back in 2010-2011 myself and a small group of students tried to organize Platoon chants, but it just wouldn't catch on. We were constantly in battle with the cheerleaders (shoot for two, two, two or three! - has to be the worst chant I have ever heard). Often times we'd be able to drown them out, but it just sounded awkward and not everyone in the Platoon knew what to do.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Is there a Patriot Platoon leader? Back in 2010-2011 myself and a small group of students tried to organize Platoon chants, but it just wouldn't catch on. We were constantly in battle with the cheerleaders (shoot for two, two, two or three! - has to be the worst chant I have ever heard). Often times we'd be able to drown them out, but it just sounded awkward and not everyone in the Platoon knew what to do.

I hate all the cheerleader chants, which is probably why there so little participation when they start them up.

If there isn't a Platoon leader, there should be.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Exactly! So why not just do what the band does? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? The band is more hip and creative than the cheerleaders. Perhaps, the cheerleaders should re-engineer or get together with the band to coordinate efforts rather than compete with them. The Patriot Platoon and the students will then easily fall in line.

Ha, hah! It's a diabolical plan to make EB Arena inhospitable to infidel opponents!

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Doc had the Green Machine in rare form, and that's saying a lot! We really are spoiled. Other college bands are just horrible. The only one that was even in the same planet as us was vcu back in the day. Now they have fallen off. I guess JMU is the next best, if you consider that an actual university.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
im concerned what is going to happen to Electric Harpist, Kelsi, after the new year when she graduates this month. Does that mean the Green machine will not have the one and only pep band harpist in all the land?

1. GMU Green Machine Retweeted
    George Mason News ‏@GeorgeMasonNews 4h4 hours ago
    She may be leaving her harp here, but her
    1f49a.png
    1f49b.png
    will always be with @GeorgeMasonU & @gmugreenmachine >> http://fal.cn/QPhy

CzkIBybWIAE2xzv.jpg

mason89

Starter
Thank God (last sentence of the article):

“It’s perfect! I get to stay in the area and continue to play in the band, while working full time,” she said. (Emphasis added)

psyclone

Hall of Famer
https://www2.gmu.edu/news/313841?ut...jamie_rogers&utm_campaign=FY17_twitter_121316:

"Led Zeppelin’s 'Stairway to Heaven' has been added to the band’s repertoire primarily as a piece to showcase the harp, she said.

''We just got the sheet music last week. They realized it was my last semester as a student, 'Gray said."

Hopefully they will showcase "Stairway..." when they have enough time to get it all in. What they did get in (before the buzzer announcing the beginning of the second half) sounded great!

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Thank God (last sentence of the article):

“It’s perfect! I get to stay in the area and continue to play in the band, while working full time,” she said. (Emphasis added)

Definitely something to look forward to. Lovely member

GMU92

Starter
I hate all the cheerleader chants, which is probably why there so little participation when they start them up.

If there isn't a Platoon leader, there should be.

I've noticed that anything over 4 syllables and people bail out.
Folks don't come to a basketball game to compose Haiku.