The #1 Pep Band in College Basketball

C

Cedric Dempsey

Spectator
:chuckle: This is the band director that vcu was negotiating with? What were they thinking?
image.jpeg

C

Cedric Dempsey

Spectator
Our maybe the Administration is the one with the ego. Would you say Larrenaga's ego outgrew his purpose?

I never mentioned Coach L. This was about a pep band director. :slanty:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
But same principles apply.

Uh...one, no. Two, no. Three, were you around during the Zone days? Because if you were, you would know he used to post there, and you'd also know the extent of his ego.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Absolutely. Especially if you're comparing apples to orangutans. ;)

How do you figure? Both guys built first class programs, and wanted to be compensated for it. Both Administrations said your not worth what your asking. And both guys left.

Very similar principles.....

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
How do you figure? Both guys built first class programs, and wanted to be compensated for it. Both Administrations said your not worth what your asking. And both guys left.

I would add to "compensated" something to the effect of being paid the going rate. I know I just want to get the going rate at my job, and luckily I do. Don't get me wrong, if they wanted to pay me $3M/year I wouldn't refuse, but if you are *below* the going rate (whether it be because employers can't afford it or are just cheap) there is a problem.

C

Cedric Dempsey

Spectator

We'll see. Coach L tested the market and won. Pep guy has just entered the market and we'll see how that ends up.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
We'll see. Coach L tested the market and won. Pep guy has just entered the market and we'll see how that ends up.

I don't know if pep-boy is willing to move to another state. And I don't know how many schools he would fit in with. Some schools like Carolina, Duke, UCLA, and Kansas are too classy and wouldn't want his shtick. vcu seemed like the perfect fit. Either way I'm a Mason guy so I really don't care. Who am I kidding, if it hurts vcu I very much do care!

Steve33

Sixth Man
It's unfortunate and sad any time a student is unable to experience the collegiate life...

Who am I kidding!?! Bad stuff at vcu- I love it!

http://www.commonwealthtimes.org/2016/10/18/52190/

Things change with leadership changes, no matter what the industry is. I get it, the kids have had an expectation put in front of them for many years and some kids may choose to go to vcu (or Mason for that matter) because of the band and they want to be a part of something special, but things can change that quickly. Just because something was run a certain way for as long as it did doesnt mean it will be run the same way forever.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Things change with leadership changes, no matter what the industry is. I get it, the kids have had an expectation put in front of them for many years and some kids may choose to go to vcu (or Mason for that matter) because of the band and they want to be a part of something special, but things can change that quickly. Just because something was run a certain way for as long as it did doesnt mean it will be run the same way forever.

Maybe students wanting to play in a real college band will start coming two hours north.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This will not be a surprise, but our band is kick a$$. I was at the Georgetown game Saturday afternoon before heading out to Fairfax. When it comes to the bands, its night and day. And that's not to say Georgetown's, GW's or AU's (the 3 I've seen regularly) are bad, but ours is so much better.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
This will not be a surprise, but our band is kick a$$. I was at the Georgetown game Saturday afternoon before heading out to Fairfax. When it comes to the bands, its night and day. And that's not to say Georgetown's, GW's or AU's (the 3 I've seen regularly) are bad, but ours is so much better.

I'll say it. GW's is bad.