The #1 Pep Band in College Basketball

JBiggs

Starter
I don't know how much Doc Nix gets paid, but I'm guessing it's not enough.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I want the green machine to make a cd. One for the holidays too.

I agree. Several years ago, when Tom Block was in charge of a Green Machine support group, he said that they've been working on doing that (public statement at a year-end Green Machine banquet in the lobby of the CFA). It was not a novel thought as there was much talk about the demand for such a cd on earlier versions of the message boards prior to that announcement.

But nothing seems to have happened. Don't know if it's due to "rights" clauses to the music, the cost and logistics of studio time in order to make a cd, or whether those smarter than me think that cds are a dying form of media and maybe a collection of youtube videos is the way to go.

Can any current band members or Doc Nix himself, shed any light on this?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I agree. Several years ago, when Tom Block was in charge of a Green Machine support group, he said that they've been working on doing that (public statement at a year-end Green Machine banquet in the lobby of the CFA). It was not a novel thought as there was much talk about the demand for such a cd on earlier versions of the message boards prior to that announcement.

But nothing seems to have happened. Don't know if it's due to "rights" clauses to the music, the cost and logistics of studio time in order to make a cd, or whether those smarter than me think that cds are a dying form of media and maybe a collection of youtube videos is the way to go.

Can any current band members or Doc Nix himself, shed any light on this?

Probably has to do with securing rights and how much each owner is demanding in payment (it can be ridiculously expensive).

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Anybody know what time The GreenMachine is appearing The Macy's Day Parade?