2021 Recruiting

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
AJ but yea... take Castro in a hot second considering the rest of the class and remaining prospects (Ilver being completely out of our league)... Just a joke of a situation if something like that happens

I would look at it as good fortune, but then I’ve been accused of having a sunny personality so... :D

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Duquesne who is actually ranked after us in recruitment prowess just signed a kid with 3 P5 offers for their first 2021 recruit. They also have 15 scholarship athletes for two years in a row so somehow it is not against the rules everyone else seems to fall under

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well Dayton finished their class with a 3 star PF today. They not only recruited over Castro once but twice. And he still put them in his top 3 bahaha

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Well Dayton finished their class with a 3 star PF today. They not only recruited over Castro once but twice. And he still put them in his top 3 bahaha

definitely a nice class grant put together.

have to think even though he’s an alum, that he’s looking for a big run and a jump back to a BCS program.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

have to think even though he’s an alum, that he’s looking for a big run and a jump back to a BCS program.
If I’m him, I’m recognizing what I have at Dayton, I’m staying around for a decade, and hanging banners. Dayton is a great basketball job.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If I’m him, I’m recognizing what I have at Dayton, I’m staying around for a decade, and hanging banners. Dayton is a great basketball job.
Turning into Gonzaga of the Midwest. I too would stay there forever especially if he keeps out recruiting P5 schools as it is

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Why though? He already found out the grass isn’t greener and Dayton is one of the top 3 non-P6 jobs nationally. They have the resources to win titles annually and can afford to keep him at a very nice standard of living in Ohio. Unless he wants an NBA job at some point I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah I don't disagree that what he is doing at Dayton and with his resources he can have him stick around for as long as he wants, but I don't know what his end goal is. He failed at the BCS level so I don't know if he wants another crack at it or if having a great job like Dayton is good enough for him.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah I don't disagree that what he is doing at Dayton and with his resources he can have him stick around for as long as he wants, but I don't know what his end goal is. He failed at the BCS level so I don't know if he wants another crack at it or if having a great job like Dayton is good enough for him.
Dayton is a better job than Alabama.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
so...anyone hear anything about 2021 recruits? Been pretty hush hush, haha.

The Great PATSby

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
so...anyone hear anything about 2021 recruits? Been pretty hush hush, haha.

I'm to lazy to google and read but didn't the NCAA grant another year of eligibility? With that I'm wondering if they're holding onto them just in case any of our Seniors want to return. Also might be holding onto them to see if there are any solid decommits from other schools that no longer have scholarships remaining due to the extra year of eligibility rule.