2021 Recruiting

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gxArbxdFT0

Here is some more footage. Obviously the competition doesn't look great. But if he's a kid who is willing to work hard and get better you never know what you can get. Worst case he even is a redshirt for a year while Mason helps him mature more.

Shevon Thompson was raw too and he ended up okay. You can't teach height and Mason has a definite need for a guy like this.

We don't have the luxury of red-shirting a forward in 2021...we'll have Oduro and Henry and that's it.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gxArbxdFT0

Here is some more footage. Obviously the competition doesn't look great. But if he's a kid who is willing to work hard and get better you never know what you can get. Worst case he even is a redshirt for a year while Mason helps him mature more.

Shevon Thompson was raw too and he ended up okay. You can't teach height and Mason has a definite need for a guy like this.

It's not the end of the world, as long as the class also has someone who can come in and play right away. I'm fine with snagging a 7 foot project, but if we don't also grab someone who can eat up 10-15 minutes as a true freshman down low then it's a wasted scholarship.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't disagree with you guys, I do think they'd need this guy and then someone who can eat some minutes as a freshman. Or maybe thats when you get a transfer.

This guy plus another 6'8 - 6'9- 6'10 more traditional big would be fine in my opinion.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
Interesting that with a guy that tall, the nearly 3 minute video shows no dunks. He put up a lot of shots flat footed. Not exactly "AJ" type hops. But he does seem to have some skills.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Time for the next dream older-younger brother duo... Kordell Charles seems to be A10 caliber from Canada-IMG Academy.... his younger brother class of 2023 is already 6 foot 7 and probably better than him... Kennedy Charles is now on my wishlist...

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just let Coach Skinn know, so he can get to work on it.
we both know damn well Paulsen will squeak by with just good enough record to keep Brad who seems to not care about winning to extend him for 2 years... by that time Skinn will be coaching for some other A-10 team... wish it would happen but it won't

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
we both know damn well Paulsen will squeak by with just good enough record to keep Brad who seems to not care about winning to extend him for 2 years... by that time Skinn will be coaching for some other A-10 team... wish it would happen but it won't

Nah he won't be coaching for another team. Dude said Mason is his dream job.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Nah he won't be coaching for another team. Dude said Mason is his dream job.
lol so he is just waiting for Paulsen to be fired and will be waiting at Seton Hall for the 2-3 more years till somebody with some winning aspirations finally fires Paulsen? dream on... he is on track for almost any low major job and some mid major jobs he wants right now.... won't wait forever for an admin that doesn't give a shit about winning

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We are going to be pretty damn good next year as a flash in the pan and our admin are way too dumb to realize that it will be a one hit wonder... pretty damn good could mean 5th in A-10 though... league is deep

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Oooh we can discuss Paulsen's job status again? Haha.

Back to recruits.

Time for the next dream older-younger brother duo... Kordell Charles seems to be A10 caliber from Canada-IMG Academy.... his younger brother class of 2023 is already 6 foot 7 and probably better than him... Kennedy Charles is now on my wishlist...

...someone say 6 foot 7? Haha

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We are going to be pretty damn good next year as a flash in the pan and our admin are way too dumb to realize that it will be a one hit wonder... pretty damn good could mean 5th in A-10 though... league is deep
Looking around the league is easily the deepest it’s been in the last 5 years. Should be a three bid league even with covid shit OOC schedules. Regular year depending on how the tourney shaked out could have been a 4, maybe even 5 bid league. Scary part is, most teams are junior laden. 21-22 is gonna be a bloodbath.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'd like to see Skinn get a shot at like a MAAC school or somewhere. Not sure jumping into the A10 as your first HC gig is a good idea.