2021 Recruiting

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m not sure what AJ would even gain from a sixth season. He might as well start getting paid in Europe or take his shot at the NBA through the G-league.

The only way I see that happening is if he destroys the A-10 and thinks going P6 for a year can get him drafted. It’s not inconceivable.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The only way I see that happening is if he destroys the A-10 and thinks going P6 for a year can get him drafted. It’s not inconceivable.
Regardless, even a year of playing at that level will land him better overseas gigs

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
NCAA says seniors who choose to return next season will not count toward 13-scholarship limit, per Jeff Goodman.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
NCAA says seniors who choose to return next season will not count toward 13-scholarship limit, per Jeff Goodman.
This is just absolutely nuts. It’s going to be a wild year of college basketball. On one hand, teams are going to be absolutely loaded to the tits. On the other hand, growth of hnderclassmen is going to be SEVERELY stifled. When do we start the thread on which super seniors will stay vs go?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This is just absolutely nuts. It’s going to be a wild year of college basketball. On one hand, teams are going to be absolutely loaded to the tits. On the other hand, growth of hnderclassmen is going to be SEVERELY stifled. When do we start the thread on which super seniors will stay vs go?

It will definitely be interesting to see how everything shakes out — regardless with this ruling there’s no reason not to fill all 13 scholarships since we don’t have to hold one for the seniors. That’s a good thing.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It will definitely be interesting to see how everything shakes out — regardless with this ruling there’s no reason not to fill all 13 scholarships since we don’t have to hold one for the seniors. That’s a good thing.
other than our university being notably cheap and probably will come up with some dumb rule that we can still only have 13 scholarship basketball players? I can see that happening and even I can't blame DP for that

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
other than our university being notably cheap and probably will come up with some dumb rule that we can still only have 13 scholarship basketball players? I can see that happening and even I can't blame DP for that

Sad but certainly plausible. I don’t think the staff would offer an extra year to more than two of the four seniors (if that) regardless just because of the logjam it would cause for playing time to have 15 players on scholarship.

Obviously another year of AJ would be ideal and solve our glaring weakness at the 4.

But who knows if any of them would even want to come back? With the free transfer they’ll all be free to find a situation that’s right for them — it will probably work itself out in the end.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Sad but certainly plausible. I don’t think the staff would offer an extra year to more than two of the four seniors (if that) regardless just because of the logjam it would cause for playing time to have 15 players on scholarship.

Obviously another year of AJ would be ideal and solve our glaring weakness at the 4.

But who knows if any of them would even want to come back? With the free transfer they’ll all be free to find a situation that’s right for them — it will probably work itself out in the end.

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

·
3h

This caveat only applies to kids who would have exhausted eligibility this year.
Quote Tweet

neFfwMRX_normal.jpg

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
· 3h

Clarification whether winter sports athletes can transfer & still receive additional year eligibility:

They can have extra year. If they transfer, their aid counts against new school/team scholarship limits.

If they don’t transfer, extra year does not count against limits.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Based on his Twitter account, we’ve offered 7-foot 2021 center Jacquez Shuler from South Carolina. Also claims offers from St. John’s, South Carolina, Charleston and others.

Interesting if true. I hadn’t seen us connected to him.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Based on his Twitter account, we’ve offered 7-foot 2021 center Jacquez Shuler from South Carolina. Also claims offers from St. John’s, South Carolina, Charleston and others.

Interesting if true. I hadn’t seen us connected to him.
every recruiting website lists: Norfolk St, Eastern Kentucky, FIU and a slew of D2 programs as his only offers... Beginning to think this is the same situation as the other recruit we were tied to that said he had like 75 offers when it reality 75 teams reached out to him to talk but he only had 3 offers

*EDIT he is followed on Twitter by MOJO

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Definitely not the sexiest list of offers at all. But a 6’11 kid is still 6’11. I’ll have to check the footage on him.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Spoiler alert: It could’ve been filmed at a Dunkin’ Donuts ... and the competition level makes the guys Troy Temara was going up against in his videos look like the Lakers.

Yeah, the video posted by @The Great PATSby seemed definitely like that, lots of giving him the ball and him dunking. I'm going to try and find something else lol

Dawgs99

Starter
Aside from the shitty tape and poor competition, it looked to me that he struggled a bit to dunk even at 6-11....might be an indictment on his athleticism.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gxArbxdFT0

Here is some more footage. Obviously the competition doesn't look great. But if he's a kid who is willing to work hard and get better you never know what you can get. Worst case he even is a redshirt for a year while Mason helps him mature more.

Shevon Thompson was raw too and he ended up okay. You can't teach height and Mason has a definite need for a guy like this.