2021 Recruiting

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I mean, even if Paulsen figures out how to play with 4 guards, don’t we need 3 forwards in case of injury/foul trouble? Doesn’t make sense we offered so few forwards.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I mean, even if Paulsen figures out how to play with 4 guards, don’t we need 3 forwards in case of injury/foul trouble? Doesn’t make sense we offered so few forwards.
^^built in excuse for when there is inevitably another overuse stress fracture that sidelines a big man for 8+ games.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’d love for someone from the GK network to interview someone like AJ after he graduates, and ask why Mason seems to struggle to attract significant local interest. There are obviously several reasons, but I’d be very curious to hear from a player who is from the area. We have a beat writer at Tennessee that does “exit interviews” with graduates and transfers, and in a lot of cases you get some pretty decent insight.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Kordell Charles earns 17U MVP honors at the Big Shots Myrtle Beach Hoopfest

6’8 Kordell Charles - 2021 Wing/Forward - IMG Select | TOP OVERALL PROSPECT | Charles made his return to the court back from injury and do so in a vengeance as the 6'8 high level forward prospect looked back to his form in earning MVP honors in winning the title. A bouncy, versatile 3/4 combo that can stretch the floor with his jumper and has elite athleticism to blow by and finish with authority at the rim. He excelled in transition and on the glass. Following the event he picked up offers from Illinois and South Florida. Also holds offers from Southern Cal, Tulsa, George Mason, Ohio, St Bonaventure, Detroit. He's one of the top available 2021 forwards in Florida.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Kordell Charles earns 17U MVP honors at the Big Shots Myrtle Beach Hoopfest

6’8 Kordell Charles - 2021 Wing/Forward - IMG Select | TOP OVERALL PROSPECT | Charles made his return to the court back from injury and do so in a vengeance as the 6'8 high level forward prospect looked back to his form in earning MVP honors in winning the title. A bouncy, versatile 3/4 combo that can stretch the floor with his jumper and has elite athleticism to blow by and finish with authority at the rim. He excelled in transition and on the glass. Following the event he picked up offers from Illinois and South Florida. Also holds offers from Southern Cal, Tulsa, George Mason, Ohio, St Bonaventure, Detroit. He's one of the top available 2021 forwards in Florida.
so he moved from Canada to IMG correct?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
so he moved from Canada to IMG correct?

Yes. I know you had raised questions about why his recruiting had seemingly gone cold and according to this article he had been hurt. Not sure if there is any connection, just thought it was noteworthy because things appear to be heating up for him.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yes. I know you had raised questions about why his recruiting had seemingly gone cold and according to this article he had been hurt. Not sure if there is any connection, just thought it was noteworthy because things appear to be heating up for him.
great answer... but seemingly is an understatement. He didn't receive an offer the entirety of his junior year of high school lol (thats when kids get their offers primarily). him being injured and now not being injured while playing for IMG Academy makes perfect sense why

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
RecruitingNation High School Basketball Grading System
90-100: High-major plus prospect (5 stars)
Player demonstrates rare abilities. He should have an immediate impact at a national program with the potential for early entry into the NBA.

85-89: High-major prospect (4 stars)
Player is the centerpiece to a high-major program who starts three to four years.

80-84: High-major minus prospect (4 stars)
Player has the potential to significantly contribute to a high-major program over four years.

70-79: Mid-major plus prospect (3 stars)
Player is a fringe high-major recruit who contributes or a standout mid-level recruit.

65-69: Mid-major prospect (2 stars)
Player is a multi-year starter at the mid-major level.

60-64: Mid-major minus prospect (2 stars)
Player is a role player at the mid-major level.

50-59: Low-major prospect (1 star)
Player is a low-major Division I prospect.