2021 Recruiting

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
mason seton hall wake forest maybe vcu?

And UCF ... I know he’s had interest from Va Tech but don’t know if they offered.

If AAU summer gets cancelled that could be huge for us. His offer list was most likely going to explode before the early signing period.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I remember seeing vcu offer him. vcu and Seton Hall is tough competition. Hopefully he really likes playing with his brother and sees potential to do something here.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Maybe Darius and Garrett want to play together in college. Looking on twitter tonight it seems like a few current and past mason players have congratulated him on the offer, always nice to see.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I remember seeing vcu offer him. vcu and Seton Hall is tough competition. Hopefully he really likes playing with his brother and sees potential to do something here.

yeah I’m really really hoping too. He seems friendly with various guys on the team as well.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Darius Johnson and Zaakir Williamson would be reason for optimism. Bring me that, and we can talk. Wonder who is the lead recruiter on Darius.. could it be Tony Skinn??????

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Darius Johnson and Zaakir Williamson would be reason for optimism. Bring me that, and we can talk. Wonder who is the lead recruiter on Darius.. could it be Tony Skinn??????

Mason certainly has some really nice 2021 targets. Between Darius, Zaakir, the other kid they offered tonight, Folkes and Reynolds, I really would love to see them get a few of these guys since they have spent a lot of time with their recruitment and getting them to visit. I could be wrong but a lot of the names I mentioned are probably some of the best ranked recruits that Paulsen has been linked to and that Mason has a shot to get.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason certainly has some really nice 2021 targets. Between Darius, Zaakir, the other kid they offered tonight, Folkes and Reynolds, I really would love to see them get a few of these guys since they have spent a lot of time with their recruitment and getting them to visit. I could be wrong but a lot of the names I mentioned are probably some of the best ranked recruits that Paulsen has been linked to and that Mason has a shot to get.

Remember these names. We can find the talent, but rarely close em. Hope that changes.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

AJ is close with Zaakir and obviously we already have Darius’ brother. Hopefully those connections pay dividends.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Remember these names. We can find the talent, but rarely close em. Hope that changes.

Me too man, me too. They got to nail down a few of these really talented kids that they have spent the last year plus recruiting and scouting. At some point they have to break through and get a few more real good pieces (or so I hope)

JPgmuswim

Starter
What is you’re obsession with Paulsen. You have to be related. No one in their right mind would think he’s worthy of 7th year without a tournament appearance.

He’s not obsessed he’s a realist, I think Jim probably partly agrees with you that if things don’t change he’ll be shown the door. Some just don’t like constantly taking a negative approach. We all know DP isn’t getting fired now or during the next season so thin ice ain’t the word to use.

Whats gonna suck is if DP does land a couple higher caliber kids we want and then shown the door only to watch them back out. Also not a likely scenario because we haven’t seen him land them.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
He’s not obsessed he’s a realist, I think Jim probably partly agrees with you that if things don’t change he’ll be shown the door. Some just don’t like constantly taking a negative approach. We all know DP isn’t getting fired now or during the next season so thin ice ain’t the word to use.

Whats gonna suck is if DP does land a couple higher caliber kids we want and then shown the door only to watch them back out. Also not a likely scenario because we haven’t seen him land them.
DP is certainty on thin ice if next season goes sour. You wont convince me otherwise.