2021 Recruiting

Bricker

Starter
It's not like Paulsen didn't try this past offseason...remember when he personally went up to visit with that one transfer, who didn't come close to picking us? I think we just have to face the fact that Paulsen is a mediocre recruiter and guys who have a lot of options won't pick us.

This is what worries me going forward. Paulsen doesn't seem to have any mystique to lure in big recruits. His pitch now is the same as it would have been when he first started -- we're shorthanded and you can play right away on a team that has less than a 50/50 chance of a postseason tourney. Not great.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It's not like Paulsen didn't try this past offseason...remember when he personally went up to visit with that one transfer, who didn't come close to picking us? I think we just have to face the fact that Paulsen is a mediocre recruiter and guys who have a lot of options won't pick us.

Are you talking about Duraji or whatever his name was from LSU?

I don't disagree that Paulsen has been a mediocre recruiter, but I do think its improved year over year which is good. Obviously he has some new facilities to work with which can only help. I just dont know how much its going to improve on the court. I'm still skeptical.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Paulsen visiting this kid during the season....looks athletic in the Obi Toppin mold. Note, I didn't say he's Obi, I just said he's got that kind of athleticism.

You're right. I swore I saw the name earlier and sure enough he saw him about a month or so ago. I guess he finally gave an offer.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Didn't we offer some kid named Cam something a few weeks ago? He was a 2020 kid also.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Didn't we offer some kid named Cam something a few weeks ago? He was a 2020 kid also.

Don’t know an offer to Cam Bryant was ever confirmed. The report was that we were “interested,” whatever that means.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Darius Johnson picked up an offer from Wake Forest, but not really worried about them ... their current coaching staff is on the thinnest possible ice.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Darius Johnson picked up an offer from Wake Forest, but not really worried about them ... their current coaching staff is on the thinnest possible ice.

Whats his offer sheet look like right now?