2021 Recruiting

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Michael Gray commitment certainly makes it look like we are out of the Folkes race which is very disappointing. I would hope Paulsen is done recruiting guards this go around as we could have 6 on the roster in 2021. Hopefully Williamson commits and they find some late blooming center. Gray is a much better recruit on paper and according to his high school coach than Gadsden so at least that is encouraging

Worse comes to worse we sign the BBW fan and pray he is better than his community college tape.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Michael Gray commitment certainly makes it look like we are out of the Folkes race.

Not so fast my friend. Zay projects as a 2 in college ... and I wouldn’t assume everyone with eligibility will return in 21-22. Guys who don’t see a clear path to the playing time they want will find it much easier to leave under the new transfer rules.

Also you can never have too many good guards. Zay might not wind up choosing Mason but I’m pretty sure it’s not because we stopped recruiting him.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not so fast my friend. Zay projects as a 2 in college ... and I wouldn’t assume everyone with eligibility will return in 21-22. Guys who don’t see a clear path to the playing time they want will find it much easier to leave under the new transfer rules.

Also you can never have too many good guards. Zay might not wind up choosing Mason but I’m pretty sure it’s not because we stopped recruiting him.

And if we really are trying to convert to a 4-out offense you're going to need extra guards.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Folkes retweeted this. What does it mean, I have no idea. I didn't even know they knew each other.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200930-172759~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200930-172759~2.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 310

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I used to have a sneaky good feeling about us getting Folkes, but now I'm worried he's going to Georgetown.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We definitely need a big man with at least one of the final two spots. I like Oduro and Henry, but they will need help.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I used to have a sneaky good feeling about us getting Folkes, but now I'm worried he's going to Georgetown.

After re-reading sleeper’s scholarship evaluations, I feel much more reassured that he’s not going to Georgetown.

Doesn’t mean he’s coming to Mason but I certainly hope he does.

Last edited:

The Great PATSby

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Folkes retweeted this. What does it mean, I have no idea. I didn't even know they knew each other.

Looks like Mike Gray and Isaiah are AAU teammates. Hopefully they're BFF's and joined by the f'ing hip

"The two should continue that deadly combination for the incoming weeks to officially finish out the 2019 travel season, as July’s always a big month following the quiet ‘dead period’ of June. It’ll be a final chance for audiences to catch Folkes, House, and all of Team Loaded’s other next-level talent on the floor; something I personally encourage. Michael Gray ’21, Roosevelt Wheeler ’21, Jason Nelson ’21, and Lamonta Ellis ’21 are just a few names on the roster, as all four have pulled in college offers."

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looks like Mike Gray and Isaiah are AAU teammates. Hopefully they're BFF's and joined by the f'ing hip

"The two should continue that deadly combination for the incoming weeks to officially finish out the 2019 travel season, as July’s always a big month following the quiet ‘dead period’ of June. It’ll be a final chance for audiences to catch Folkes, House, and all of Team Loaded’s other next-level talent on the floor; something I personally encourage. Michael Gray ’21, Roosevelt Wheeler ’21, Jason Nelson ’21, and Lamonta Ellis ’21 are just a few names on the roster, as all four have pulled in college offers."
shit if they could gift wrap Roosevelt Wheeler with them in this prospective package something might move in my pants...