2021 Recruiting

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So our top 6 prospects have gone elsewhere so far if Williamson does not commit. Don’t worry we signed some kid with really good offers from 2018 and his high school catch said we are getting steal. I feel good

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I agree with Jim I am absolutely gutted. I was team Folkes and Reynolds as our guards of the future from the start... one goes to an A10 team and one goes with my other PG love Jahmir Young at Charlotte... So a class of Michael Gray, Gadsden, Peterson Jr and someone we haven't offered yet or Charles gonna suffice for everyone? not I

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I agree with Jim I am absolutely gutted. I was team Folkes and Reynolds as our guards of the future from the start... one goes to an A10 team and one goes with my other PG love Jahmir Young at Charlotte... So a class of Michael Gray, Gadsden, Peterson Jr and someone we haven't offered yet or Charles gonna suffice for everyone? not I

No I’m super pissed. Charlotte and Ron f**king Sanchez took 2 guards from us in the same class ... Folkes will probably become a star in dogshit CUSA ... just ridiculous.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
No I’m super pissed. Charlotte and Ron f*cking Sanchez took 2 guards from us in the same class ... Folkes will probably become a star in dogshit CUSA ... just ridiculous.

It blows my mind that we’ve lost these this year after being on these guys from the start. Our staff can spot talent, they just can’t close. It’s one thing to lose guys to your conference, it’s a whole other thing to lose them to schools and conferences that I firmly believe are below us. Can anyone tell me what f**king charlottes facilities look like? Does Charlotte have some sweet tv deal I’m not tracking? We’ve given Dave more than any other coach in mason history to work with and what’s it gotten us?

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
So you are saying that we're stuck in the bottom half of the league for the foreseeable future. I would agree. Brad has no balls and is obviously happy with the state of the program. He will not make a change because he is happy with a clean program. Winning? Who f&cking cares about that? Who would have thought that a Super Bowl winner would have such low expectations?

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It blows my mind that we’ve lost these this year after being on these guys from the start. Our staff can spot talent, they just can’t close. It’s one thing to lose guys to your conference, it’s a whole other thing to lose them to schools and conferences that I firmly believe are below us. Can anyone tell me what f*cking charlottes facilities look like? Does Charlotte have some sweet tv deal I’m not tracking? We’ve given Dave more than any other coach in mason history to work with and what’s it gotten us?

Charlotte was a middling A-10 school before leaving for football reasons. They've been largely trash in the CUSA.

This is what their arena looks like:
1024px-Dale_Halton_Arena.jpg

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Charlotte was a middling A-10 school before leaving for football reasons. They've been largely trash in the CUSA.

This is what their arena looks like:
1024px-Dale_Halton_Arena.jpg

Lol so like a crappy smaller patriot center before we made the electronics renovations in 2016.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Also, my line of thinking has shifted on something. I don’t think we are ever choosing one kid over another at the same position. We are taking anyone who is willing to sign on the dotted line. There’s no way the staff looked at this and was like yeah, he’s clearly not our best prospect let’s snag our top recruit and let this guy walk.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Also, my line of thinking has shifted on something. I don’t think we are ever choosing one kid over another at the same position. We are taking anyone who is willing to sign on the dotted line. There’s no way the staff looked at this and was like yeah, he’s clearly not our best prospect let’s snag our top recruit and let this guy walk.
Agreed, we are settling for any warm body willing to accept a scholarship.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We'll agree to disagree.

First column: Charlotte: 15 game, 53,276 fans, avg. 3,552
Second column: opponents: 14 games, 51,608, avg. 3,686

You gave the number for their opponents.

Also, George Mason, 17 games, 68,634, avg. 4,037...so I'd take our numbers over theirs right now.

Anyway, I think what we are learning is very few locals are willing to stay in the area to go to Mason. We've either got to pivot and target another area and find players willing to leave or start sending piles of cash to some parents or something.

Last edited: