2021 Recruiting

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I just don’t want him going to vcu or anywhere else in the A-10. Kid is legit.

That kid is a program changer for an A-10 school. Will contribute right away at pretty much everywhere that has offered him at the P5 level.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
That kid is a program changer for an A-10 school. Will contribute right away at pretty much everywhere that has offered him at the P5 level.

I know vcu wants him bad ... it’s fortunate for the rest of the A-10 that they’ve fallen off with all of their coaching instability recently because they had a legit shot at Wheeler at one point. I have to think he winds up in the ACC when all is said and done.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I know vcu wants him bad ... it’s fortunate for the rest of the A-10 that they’ve fallen off with all of their coaching instability recently because they had a legit shot at Wheeler at one point. I have to think he winds up in the ACC when all is said and done.

I haven't kept up with their recruiting, how does their class look for this year? '21? I know Bones crushed it for them last year but I don't remember any other true freshman really making any kind of impact for them.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I haven't kept up with their recruiting, how does their class look for this year? '21? I know Bones crushed it for them last year but I don't remember any other true freshman really making any kind of impact for them.

Honestly I don’t think they have a 21 commitment yet unless you count the big kid Medley-Bacon who transferred from Coppin and will be sitting out this year.

Their 20 class was promising — they got a couple big kids Jamir Watkins and Mikael Brown-Jones who are gonna be good and a nice looking PG in Ace Baldwin — but overall they’ve taken at least one clear step down from where Shaka and Wade we’re recruiting.

Hate to see it. :D

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hason Ward. Raw but crazy explosive. Mostly just a dunker and shot-blocker at this point ... will be interesting to see what he becomes.

According to the McDonalds fan club, he's going to be better than Larry Sanders.

They definitely continue to recruit well, but have gone a notch down. They'll also be crazy young this year. Last year with a veteran squad they didnt' do very much, but many folks think it was because it wasn't what Rhodes wanted and there was a disconnect. Hyland is legit and can really play. I personally look forward to seeing Polite matched up with him, because I think they have similiar bodies.

I'm not sure Rhodes is going to work out for them but we'll see.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
They definitely continue to recruit well, but have gone a notch down. They'll also be crazy young this year.

I'm not sure Rhodes is going to work out for them but we'll see.

If they fail to qualify for the NCAAs this season, which is looking extremely likely, Rhoades will have missed in 3 of his first 4 years.

That’s not that big a deal for most non-power programs, but when you’ve danced 7 straight years, built a $25M practice facility and spent millions more to renovate your arena, the expectations get set a lot higher. And Rhoades is making $1.5M which is a lot of money in Richmond.

If they don’t make it back by at least 21-22, I could see them looking for another coach. They’ve talked a lot of shit about our slide into irrelevance but they’re not that far away from joining us ...