2021 Recruiting

KAOriginal

All-American
I find it just as entertaining to watch everyone talk about all these recruits as if we have a chance right now without the stars aligning.....

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I find it just as entertaining to watch everyone talk about all these recruits as if we have a chance right now without the stars aligning.....

We generally have no issue trying to get 2 stars to align in the Mason recruiting galaxy. It's when there are 3 and 4 stars involved that we are essentially trying to pull a rabbit out of Uranus.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We generally have no issue trying to get 2 stars to align in the Mason recruiting galaxy. It's when there are 3 and 4 stars involved that we are essentially trying to pull a rabbit out of Uranus.

Strong Post of the Year candidate here.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I used to only use this to describe the Mets but I think this accurately describes our 2021 class and getting the main targets that Dave and co have tried to sign.

Everytime a Mason 2021 target goes elsewhere I should post this.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This was @mkaufman1 favorite underrated recruit for that I’m sad. Don’t know too many people who still support the team like he does. But this kid wasn’t very good and still didn’t choose us lol. Jahmir young should have been a mason patriot and went to charlotte so maybe this kid will be good too. Jahmir Young is better than any of our nine guards (other than Javon).

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I would hope you are correct...

For speculation purposes only here are Daylen's options for Tuesday:
FIU: 5 spots open for 2021. returning: 6 guards and 1 big. he is the 4th highest ranked SG on their board. ODDS: Low
ETSU: 4 spots open for 2021. returning: 4 guards and 5 bigs. he is 4th highest ranked SG on their board. ODDS: Medium
Loyola-CHI: 3 spots open for 2021. returning: 5 guards and 2 bigs. he is 3rd highest ranked SG on their board. ODDS: Medium
Fairfield: 1 spot open for 2021. returning: 5 guards and 7 bigs. he is highest ranked SG on their board. ODDS: HIGH
Charlotte: 4 spots open for 2021 (5 offers out for 2021 including Folkes). returning: 3 guards and 4 bigs. he is 3rd highest ranked SG on their board: ODDS: HIGH
Wofford: 1 spot open for 2021 (4 offers out). returning: 6 guards and 6 bigs. he is 2nd highest ranked SG on their board. ODDS: HIGH
JMU: 1 spot open for 2021 (10 offers out). returning: 7 guards and 2 bigs. he is 4th highest ranked SG on their board. ODDS: LOW
Charleston Southern: 0 spots left (ODDS LOW)
UNCW: 1 spot open for 2021 (20 offers out) returning: 7 guards and 5 bigs. he is 3rd highest ranked SG on their board: ODDS: MEDIUM

Overall I think we have a great chance. Charlotte, Fairfield, Wofford and ETSU probably the front runners with Mason for the kid
Welp was unfortunately correct on this one.

JPgmuswim

Starter
If we don’t get Williamson and folkes I hope brad isn’t a dufus like I think he is. Let this dude go

Well as you stated in your excellent breakdown above maybe with Charlotte getting Berry it’ll help us with landing Folkes. Kind of how when we got XJ they landed Young.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This was @mkaufman1 favorite underrated recruit for that I’m sad. Don’t know too many people who still support the team like he does. But this kid wasn’t very good and still didn’t choose us lol. Jahmir young should have been a mason patriot and went to charlotte so maybe this kid will be good too. Jahmir Young is better than any of our nine guards (other than Javon).

aw gee

Why did you think he wasn’t very good? Maybe there’s something I didn’t see?