2021 Recruiting

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yes I will be pissed right along with you. Unless Dave is adopting “40 Minutes of Hell” as his new style of play, we can’t keep recruiting 2s and 3s and expecting them to hold their own in the paint in a league like the A-10.

To be fair, watching some Dave Paulsen basketball on offense is sometimes 40 minutes of hell to us as fans lol.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Out of all offers to fill 3 spots dreamlist is Folkes, Ilver and Williamson (although we are probably out on Ilver and Williamson). Would also take kordell Charles in a hot second (but we are probably out on that too)

You'd think with two Canadians on the coaching staff, we'd have a shooter's chance at Charles, but that's recruiting in Fairfax, I guess.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The more I think about it, the more I find myself hoping we get Williamson. Even at
6-7, he could be a great complement to Oduro and give us a physical presence at the 5. I was originally concerned about his lack of length but am becoming less so.

Not comparing the 2, but Tre Mitchell plays the 5 pretty well in the A-10 and he’s only
6-8.

FreeGunston12

All-American
The more I think about it, the more I find myself hoping we get Williamson. Even at
6-7, he could be a great complement to Oduro and give us a physical presence at the 5. I was originally concerned about his lack of length but am becoming less so.

Not comparing the 2, but Tre Mitchell plays the 5 pretty well in the A-10 and he’s only
6-8.
Welcome Jim. Suprised you weren't here with me a week ago.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Also Hasahn French is only 6-7 and he’s a damn beast. We could definitely use a bruiser up front.
Hasahn French was also 230 pounds and a consensus 5 star on most recruiting sites coming out of high school, he didn’t need to physically grow into the position like the guys we are looking at, he could just focus on catching up to the speed of the game.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Hasahn French was also 230 pounds and a consensus 5 star on most recruiting sites coming out of high school, he didn’t need to physically grow into the position like the guys we are looking at, he could just focus on catching up to the speed of the game.

French wasn’t a 5 star ... no way he ends up at SLU if he was (even with Ford’s penchant for buying players).

But my point was just to compare body types. Williamson is already a big boy — Rivals lists him at 6-7, 240 — and will only get stronger in a college conditioning program.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Also Hasahn French is only 6-7 and he’s a damn beast. We could definitely use a bruiser up front.

Someone say 6'7?
6887118.jpg

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
French wasn’t a 5 star ... no way he ends up at SLU if he was (even with Ford’s penchant for buying players).

But my point was just to compare body types. Williamson is already a big boy — Rivals lists him at 6-7, 240 — and will only get stronger in a college conditioning program.
dude had like 25 high major offers Jimbo

JPgmuswim

Starter

I’m pretty sure one ranking site had him as a 5 star because I remember wondering how the hell SLU pulled it off.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
dude had like 25 high major offers Jimbo

I know. Not saying he was a scrub by any means, but consensus 5-star guys don’t go to Saint Louis University ... Carte’are Gordon was a fringe 5-star/trending downward 4-star when he signed with SLU and turned into a colossal bust.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I’m pretty sure one ranking site had him as a 5 star because I remember wondering how the hell SLU pulled it off.

I think you are thinking of Cart’Are Gordon?

French was a 4 star on ESPN and 3 star on 247. Still a great get by SLU.

Williamson has a broad frame. He reminds me a little of The Hulk: that square body.