2021 Recruiting

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So I know less than nothing about Danilo, I watched Harvard one time last year and don’t remember him. But I will say it’s promising that the staff is going after a big man transfer who will be immediately eligible, waiver be damned. It also makes me think that we are gonna miss on Castro and the staff is out of options for bigs in 21.

I think this is a positive move even though I think it will be tough to land him. Maybe he wants to intern at Langley or the hill or something so we can steal him?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So I know less than nothing about Danilo, I watched Harvard one time last year and don’t remember him. But I will say it’s promising that the staff is going after a big man transfer who will be immediately eligible, waiver be damned. It also makes me think that we are gonna miss on Castro and the staff is out of options for bigs in 21.

I think this is a positive move even though I think it will be tough to land him. Maybe he wants to intern at Langley or the hill or something so we can steal him?
He graduated. He would be a 2020 player no? We don’t have any scholarships do we?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He graduated. He would be a 2020 player no? We don’t have any scholarships do we?

Ah did not know that thought he was talking about next year for some reason. In that case, we don’t have any open scholarships right?

Maybe Henry needs to take a redshirt to have a little more time to develop?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Ah did not know that thought he was talking about next year for some reason. In that case, we don’t have any open scholarships right?

Maybe Henry needs to take a redshirt to have a little more time to develop?

Redshirts still count against the scholarship limit

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Redshirts still count against the scholarship limit

Yeah guess I was a little unclear on that, we are at the scholarship limit. Separate thought; being tied to a grad transfer big might be an indication that Henry needs more time to develop and might not be as ready to contribute this year, which there is nothing wrong with that if it’s the case.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think this is a "I'm sitting this year and looking to GT for next year as I'm graduating" situation although I thought you couldnt do that unless you are hurt like Kier/Grayer type of situation...so I have no idea.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Doesn’t necessarily mean that and us reaching out could be a pure coincidence or not very real. But it does leave some questions out there

Certainly seems to suggest the staff expects to have a scholarship open for the 2020-21 season.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think this is a "I'm sitting this year and looking to GT for next year as I'm graduating" situation although I thought you couldnt do that unless you are hurt like Kier/Grayer type of situation...so I have no idea.

COVID withdraw? I don’t think they are gonna count that against guys sitting out a year if they say they are doing it because of COVID.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

You have 5 years to play 4, so if he hasn’t already redshirted he can do that and be immediately eligible next year as a grad transfer.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You have 5 years to play 4, so if he hasn’t already redshirted he can do that and be immediately eligible next year as a grad transfer.
neither he nor his teammate Rio Hackett who had tons of P5 plus vcu offers 4 years ago have redshirted. So they should both be transferring to play immediately right? both having graduated or am I way off on this one?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
neither he nor his teammate Rio Hackett who had tons of P5 plus vcu offers 4 years ago have redshirted. So they should both be transferring to play immediately right? both having graduated or am I way off on this one?
also Duq's still are like 2 over the limit scholarships so maybe there is a work around we are all missing.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

I would imagine so. Haskett definitely graduated, don’t know about the other guy.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I would imagine so. Haskett definitely graduated, don’t know about the other guy.
Haskett and the Big Canadian both graduated per Twitter. so both should be playing next year meaning we are talking to a kid while having full scholarships. Interesting

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
They also could have talked to the kid asking the same questions as us haha. Either way, I don’t think much will come out of it.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Somebody has either left or is leaving. Can’t make sense of it any other way.

or they wanted to know what his situation was. It’s pretty late to transfer for this upcoming season, especially since school started. I guess he would start in January.