2021 Recruiting

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We have little reason to expect that we can sign a legit big. Not sure why we keep setting ourselves up for disappointment. Carry on though.

The Great PATSby

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Sounds like a success, maybe you should head our recruiting.....

To get all the DMV catholic league recruits, We gotta think out of the box and bend the rules and use the Mason Catholic Church on Roberts Road for ragers. Topless strippers dressed as nuns, lap dances have to be in a hot tub so we can say we were just baptizing him. Any alcohol consumed has to be blessed communion. As long as we get the recruit to pray for 3 seconds we can say we just took him to church for worship.

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
To get all the DMV catholic league recruits, We gotta think out of the box and bend the rules and use the Mason Catholic Church on Roberts Road for ragers. Topless strippers dressed as nuns, lap dances have to be in a hot tub so we can say we were just baptizing him. Any alcohol consumed has to be blessed communion. As long as we get the recruit to pray for 3 seconds we can say we just took him to church for worship.
Not funny

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I guess to get this back on track, the questions I have are: one, how different of a player is Samb to Henry (they both seem to have similar body types), and, b, if we somehow land Williamson are we happy with Oduro, Henry, Williamson as our forwards next year?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I guess to get this back on track, the questions I have are: one, how different of a player is Samb to Henry (they both seem to have similar body types), and, b, if we somehow land Williamson are we happy with Oduro, Henry, Williamson as our forwards next year?
No because Jordan should not be playing the 4 if we want to have a good team next year. So that means 3 guys for 2 positions. Unless Henry is AJ jr right away and Paulsen actually plays the dude I dislike the depth. I mean Oduro as our best big scares the shit out of me

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
No because Jordan should not be playing the 4 if we want to have a good team next year. So that means 3 guys for 2 positions. Unless Henry is AJ jr right away and Paulsen actually plays the dude I dislike the depth. I mean Oduro as our best big scares the shit out of me

We'll also have Frazier (6'6) and Gadsden (6'7) on the roster, so they can be emergency spot 4s in that scenario. And I didn't mention Castro, because I don't want to jinx it, but there's still a chance.

FreeGunston12

All-American
One (Not A?) - from what I've seen, Samb is miles ahead in being able to stretch the floor and is much more versatile offensively.

B (Not two?) - No. I think we'd still need another. I don't think any of those 3 would be able to guard out to the perimeter very well. Maybe Williamson could do it? But I haven't seen much tape of his defense. If you watch Henry's HS tape, it looks like he just parked in the middle of a 2-3 zone. I think he has a long way to go to be effective at this level. And sure, we could talk about putting Miller or one of the other guys at the 4, but then I think you would need a much larger presence at the 5 than we have to make up for it.

III - I'd still be absolutely thrilled to get Williamson. I think he could be a really nice offensive post presence.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
One (Not A?) - from what I've seen, Samb is miles ahead in being able to stretch the floor and is much more versatile offensively.

B (Not two?) - No. I think we'd still need another. I don't think any of those 3 would be able to guard out to the perimeter very well. Maybe Williamson could do it? But I haven't seen much tape of his defense. If you watch Henry's HS tape, it looks like he just parked in the middle of a 2-3 zone. I think he has a long way to go to be effective at this level. And sure, we could talk about putting Miller or one of the other guys at the 4, but then I think you would need a much larger presence at the 5 than we have to make up for it.

III - I'd still be absolutely thrilled to get Williamson. I think he could be a really nice offensive post presence.

We'll see how Henry progresses this season. He'll be a sophomore if he doesn't red-shirt in 2021. I tend to agree, we'll need more than Williamson (Castro would be great -- I would be really comfortable with Oduro, Williamson, Castro, Henry), we're just not connected to any other bigs right now (that we're aware of). Still think Gadsden winds up a 4 for us, though.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I thought Mason had offered him this summer but can’t find confirmation. Maybe it was just “interest.” Regardless 2021 PF Tyrone Baker just picked up offers from Va Tech and Georgia.

Great shot-blocker at 6-10 and emerging offensively.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I thought Mason had offered him this summer but can’t find confirmation. Maybe it was just “interest.” Regardless 2021 PF Tyrone Baker just picked up offers from Va Tech and Georgia.

Great shot-blocker at 6-10 and emerging offensively.
you're the worst jimbo. not even a mason offer per any website

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We'll see how Henry progresses this season. He'll be a sophomore if he doesn't red-shirt in 2021. I tend to agree, we'll need more than Williamson (Castro would be great -- I would be really comfortable with Oduro, Williamson, Castro, Henry), we're just not connected to any other bigs right now (that we're aware of). Still think Gadsden winds up a 4 for us, though.
without being negative Gadsden is not the game changer we so desperately need downlow post AJ