2021 Recruiting

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I was ready for the meltdown. Thank god. It’s still a longshot, but damn it’s nice to not get cut on the first round finally haha.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s awesome to see Castro put mason in his top 6 with other a10 and high major schools.

now dave and co have to find a way to seal the deal. They’ve been on him early which hopefully pays off.

An athletic 6’9 forward with 3 point range is what Dave probably dreams about. This kid can play.

After the disappointment with Reynolds, I’m hoping (and there’s a chance), they can get this kid. Not holding my breath though.

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Also, future masonhoops preferred coach Tony skinn goes up against larranaga in trying to recruit.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Castro certainly won’t find a clearer path to a Day 1 starting spot at any of the other 5 schools than he will at Mason.

There’s a reason he’s been the No. 1 target in our 2021 class for the last 6 months. With AJ graduating, it’s a perfect opportunity.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
With him being a Jersey kid it’s gonna be hard to beat out Seton Hall. If he doesn’t pick Mason I hope he goes with Tony.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Beware of the strong Cuban influence out of South Beach....
They are coming off back-to-back losing seasons with an aging coach. Then again, they might start slinging that Adidas money around again.

Castro either picks us, a conference rival, a former coach, a former player, or Providence (Did you know Ed Cooley was the coach of Fairfield when they had that crazy comeback against us in 2010 CIT?) . Major waves coming on these boards just about any way you slice it.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
They are coming off back-to-back losing seasons with an aging coach. Then again, they might start slinging that Adidas money around again.

Castro either picks us, a conference rival, a former coach, a former player, or Providence (Did you know Ed Cooley was the coach of Fairfield when they had that crazy comeback against us in 2010 CIT?) . Major waves coming on these boards just about any way you slice it.
It would really suck if Darius ends up at Providence with Castro. Double shot to the nads.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Beware of the strong Cuban influence out of South Beach....

Shall I started tweeting at him how annoying it is to go from Coral Gables to South Beach and back? Much easier to get into the District from Fairfax on the metro...probably isn’t going to help.