2021 Recruiting

The Great PATSby

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Shall I started tweeting at him how annoying it is to go from Coral Gables to South Beach and back? Much easier to get into the District from Fairfax on the metro...probably isn’t going to help.

Might be more effective to tweet asking him “How come Miami offered other recruits money but not you?”

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Better facilities, better location, better uniforms, better team moms, better cafeteria food, better trick or treating on Halloween in neighborhoods? Did I get all that right?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You forgot that we probably didn’t really want him anyway, and whoever we get will be better despite what any offer sheets say.
How could I forget the golden excuse. I’m sure this 5 9 point guard from Kentucky will be better than him

Masonfan3

Starter
Losing another DMV recruit to a A10 school, very concerning!

That is the thing that concerns me the most. What is the point in having a guy like Simpkins on our staff if we can't win the recruiting battle for good talent in the DMV against A10 schools. I mean, AJ and XJ are the only two guys on the team that I would say were solid recruits coming out of the DMV. Jury is still out on Polite and Jordan was an under the radar guy that came from the powerhouse public school system in Loudoun County...

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah definitely not a fan of URI stealing DMV recruits from us. I really wanted Jeff Dowtin but I remember Mason did all they could to get him with an official etc. Hopefully URI will regret not getting Kolek.

I didnt know much in terms of how hard Samb was pursued by the staff. Obviously I remember liking what I saw and it looks like Mason offered him before URI did. Didn't matter much though. Maybe @CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY can shed light on how much they wanted him. It looks like they didnt offer him until July.

Not much we can do, but Cox obviously has the same ties if not better than a guy like Simpkins does in the DMV. Hopefully Simpkins can win a few battles going forward or already has his eyes set on another big once they knew Samb was out of the picture.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable Castro commit to vcu or Dayton (I think he's going SH to be fair) and then I'll be really annoyed haha.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Honestly if there was no URI offer on the table a lot of us would be bitching about the lack of quality offers Samb had. I look forward to seeing what he does.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
One thing I've read a few times about Samb is that he's a long term project. DP knows he has to win now or he's getting the boot.