2021 Recruiting

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This statement is something I think we can all agree on. Sucks watching all our top targets go other places.

We were on Castro first and recruited the F out of him. Unfortunately this staff just can’t close the deal on kids who have other options. I’m over it.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This entire class has been a gigantic waste of time. One whiff after another. Wake me when it’s November.

Its been a ginormous disappointment to say the least. Theres always more opportunities and recruits to choose from, but spending a long time recruiting kids like Reynolds/Castro and not getting at least one high caliber recruit is very disappointing yet not surprising. You would think that with some of the equivalent bells and whistles that Mason has upgraded that it would pay off, and unfortunately in what I feel is the biggest class Mason needs in the Paulsen era, they have come up nil so far.

Don't know what it is but either they have to find a way.

FreeGunston12

All-American
We were on Castro first and recruited the F out of him. Unfortunately this staff just can’t close the deal on kids who have other options. I’m over it.
Well, with a presumably lackluster 2021 class, it just puts all the pressure on Paulsen to win now and save his job.

I'm also thinking back to how happy everyone was to just be linked to a number of quality recruits this year. Unfortunately, we're finding out that we don't really belong in the mix.

Miss on Williamson, and we're back to scraping the barrel for big men. An all too familiar theme in the Paulsen era.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well, with a presumably lackluster 2021 class, it just puts all the pressure on Paulsen to win now and save his job.

I'm also thinking back to how happy everyone was to just be linked to a number of quality recruits this year. Unfortunately, we're finding out that we don't really belong in the mix.

Miss on Williamson, and we're back to scraping the barrel for big men. An all too familiar theme in the Paulsen era.
Everyone?!? Even with Williamson this is a disappointment. Anyone with a brain knew we weren’t gettting DJ. But losing Reynolds is the nail in the coffin

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Williamson is 6-6. If he’s our plan for a “big” in the 21 class, count me out.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just remember this when we sign a 6 foot 7 kid with no offers and you claim him as the next A10 star

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Lots of thoughts on missing out on this, don’t feel up for posting any of them tonight. So we’re all agreed, Skinn would be a knockout hire for our next coach right? Checks all of the fan boxes and most of the basketball boxes.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This should not hurt you Jim. Reynolds should. We had no shot at Castro

Reynolds and castro were both priorities, granted Reynolds visited campus but I suspect Castro was on that path. Both were early offers before they both got more attention.

To me, they both hurt especially because we can potentially see both in the league.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Glad this season is happening, will be the last year of Dave’s island of misfit toys.

Duane doesn’t get a pass on this one either, can’t be the lead recruiter and associate head coach and not finish. Starting to doubt if he’s actually a solid recruiter, or just the most polished of all of our turds.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Why even bother then? Making a top 6 is worthless — we would’ve been better off moving on to another guy months ago ... once other schools start getting involved just bow out because we’ve got no chance anyhow

Another true statement, DP has shown us that he can’t beat out other schools for recruits which is why he recruits kids without other D1 offers. Or if they do have offers they definitely aren’t from A-10 caliber schools.