2021 Recruiting

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Disappointed to see all of the excuses about why we didn't land Darius. That's the whole problem with DP. He can't/hasn't landed the difference maker yet. That is why we are 39 - 51 in A10 play. Satisfied? Well, let's stay the course.

I haven’t seen any excuses. It is what it is. But any suggestion the staff didn’t try hard enough is ludicrous.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Disappointed to see all of the excuses about why we didn't land Darius. That's the whole problem with DP. He can't/hasn't landed the difference maker yet. That is why we are 39 - 51 in A10 play. Satisfied? Well, let's stay the course.
Fair. But for what reason should we expect to land this quality of recruit? Mason has only ever landed 1 4*/top 100 recruit (just as a measuring stick) and that was at the price of an assistant coach position.

By comparison, UCF has landed 12 top 100 recruits by my count (Edit: actually my count is off because of community college guys, regardless its where his dad and godfather coach). Providence = 15 with a couple more 4*. Alabama = 41 and a bunch more 4*s right outside the top 100.

Other than coming to play with his brother, why would Darius consider playing at Mason? His other offers are historically head and shoulders more attractive.

Granted, Paulsen needs to continue a positive trend in recruiting. But missing out on DJ's final 3 isn't a reason to hit the panic button.

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I haven’t seen any excuses. It is what it is. But any suggestion the staff didn’t try hard enough is ludicrous.
For not being on the payroll you are a sad human being. We were never going to get Darius but only losers think the way you do

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I heard we were in his top four. Paulsen's agent is already asking for his contract to be extended. The AD formerly known as Big Balls Brad reportedly said, "Whatever."

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looks like we just offered Wes Peterson Jr. out of Alexandria, new name to me. Anyone who is into highschool ball in this area have any thoughts on him?

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/wes-peterson-jr
no clue hope Jollay can help with this one.

Moderate offers from ETSU, Towson, Bryant, Loyola and Hampton. GW is interested but has not offered. His Twitter video is him dunking when he was like 12 so I love that lol

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks like we just offered Wes Peterson Jr. out of Alexandria, new name to me. Anyone who is into highschool ball in this area have any thoughts on him?

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/wes-peterson-jr

Peterson lives!!

And obviously he sucks we hate him and why would he choose mason :crazytongue:

I just reached out to Jollay to see if he knows anything about the kid.

From the video, I like the length and athleticism. Continue to look for that at the 2 guard spot, and for long lengthy physical guards. That was my initial take from the old video on VC.

The one that @Patriotsince81 posted, I really like. I like his ability to get to the hoop, I like his defense prowless as well. These are the types of guys that Paulsen has targeted and needs to get to compete in the A10. I would not be surprised to see him be like Daylen Berry and blow up offers very soon.

He is also 6'6 which means he almost is a magical height.

Last edited: