2021 Recruiting

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I get that too, but do we know if the guys with two crap offers had other interest or other offers that VC and rivals just didn’t pick up? Does VC And rivals pick up every offer or interest? I don’t know.

It’s a lot of things. I usually just wait to evaluate a kid when I see them hit the floor. And sure I’ve been wrong when I’ve seen them. I mean I thought Relvao was going to have potential haha.

Relvao was committed to Valpo, which is a pretty decent mid-major. Turned out he had bad knees but it’s not like he was some scrub who wasn’t on anyone else’s radar.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Relvao was committed to Valpo, which is a pretty decent mid-major. Turned out he had bad knees but it’s not like he was some scrub who wasn’t on anyone else’s radar.
he had two offers... the mighty Horizon League (now Missouri Valley) Valpo Crusaders are exactly who an A10 team should be beating for recruits... yes I get they are way more accomplished than we are the last 10 years... but regardless. Also didn't they drop him...

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
he had two offers... the mighty Horizon League (now Missouri Valley) Valpo Crusaders are exactly who an A10 team should be beating for recruits... yes I get they are way more accomplished than we are the last 10 years... but regardless. Also didn't they drop him...

They did. They're all conference big, Vashil Fernandez got hurt and took a medical redshirt. They also had picked up a 7'1 3 star big in the same class, so Relvao was expendable (of course Smits transferred to Butler, so...).

The sheet for him I'm looking at lists Liberty, Rhode Island, Valpo, and George Mason.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They did. They're all conference big, Vashil Fernandez got hurt and took a medical redshirt.

The sheet for him I'm looking at lists Liberty, Rhode Island, Valpo, and George Mason.
please provide that list. ESPN and verbal commits don't say Liberty or Rhode Island.

Rhode Island message boards that go back to 2010 have no notes on him on their 750 post recruiting portion as well.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
please provide that list. ESPN and verbal commits don't say Liberty or Rhode Island

https://247sports.com/Player/Daniel-Relvao-77137/high-school-134520/

I have issues sometimes with historical ESPN links, because half the time they only list the committed school. Not sure how accurate 247 sports is either...it's possible Liberty and URI came in after Valpo decommitted him -- like Marquise got looked at by UConn after decommitting from Hofstra, but never received an offer.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
https://247sports.com/Player/Daniel-Relvao-77137/high-school-134520/

I have issues sometimes with historical ESPN links, because half the time they only list the committed school. Not sure how accurate 247 sports is either...it's possible Liberty and URI came in after Valpo decommitted him -- like Marquise got looked at by UConn after decommitting from Hofstra, but never received an offer.
Thank you sir! Interesting and we will really never know right?!? Liberty makes sense since he was from VA down there I think

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
That’s a pretty dickish thing to say about our own players.

I don't think anyone has a problem with any individual player on the roster, but you need blue-chippers to compete at this level and it's *really* hard to acquire them if you can't recruit them.

Seeing those schools as his top 3 sucks. Yes, they're better, but they shouldn't be untouchable on the recruiting trail.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't think anyone has a problem with any individual player on the roster, but you need blue-chippers to compete at this level and it's *really* hard to acquire them if you can't recruit them.

Seeing those schools as his top 3 sucks. Yes, they're better, but they shouldn't be untouchable on the recruiting trail.

I don’t disagree with one word of your post. But I also don’t think it helps in any regard for our posters to refer to our own players as “projects.”

There’s being honest and then there’s just being mean. Maybe I’m strange but I try to save my meanness for politicians and bad drivers.