2021 Recruiting

JPgmuswim

Starter
God I hope Darius would put Mason in his top 3, at least at this point we can move on from the dream if he doesn't haha.

I think we’ll be in his top 3 since his brother is on the team and he’s probably developed friendships with the guys on the team. Don’t think we actually have a shot though. Hope my negative outlook is wrong.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think we’ll be in his top 3 since his brother is on the team and he’s probably developed friendships with the guys on the team. Don’t think we actually have a shot though. Hope my negative outlook is wrong.

I mean if Mason makes his top 3, even if hes not serious, then it means hes down to only 2 schools and Mason is the courtesy. I could see that scenario.

We'll see. He certainly is enjoying the attention from everyone on twitter.

The Great PATSby

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think we might have a good shot for several reasons: His brother and already established relationships with players and coaches, we were his first offer, proximity to home, and instant playing time as a freshman. Also it looks like Darius and Erik Reynolds are pretty good friends. How sick would that be if they wanted to play together and both came here.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I think we might have a good shot for several reasons: His brother and already established relationships with players and coaches, we were his first offer, proximity to home, and instant playing time as a freshman. Also it looks like Darius and Erik Reynolds are pretty good friends. How sick would that be if they wanted to play together and both came here.

Way way way more likely that we get neither than both, unfortunately

Interesting fact, Vinson hails from a place near Kings Island amusement park which is not unlike our own Kings Dominion amusement park you might find here in Virginia.

I PMed him this fact and also some background info on Snowflake, Blaine Taylor, Patrick Holloway, Paul Westhead and other stuff he may find useful in considering his decision.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-202353.png
    Screenshot_20200817-202353.png
    712.3 KB · Views: 309

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Very interesting. Vinson is flying way under the radar but he’s got game.

He looks like he has length and some ability but its a complete unknown what competition he's playing against. I liked his ability to get to the rim and shoot but I have no clue if that would translate to what is needed to be successful at the A10 level.

He also has offers Paulsen level offers :vomit:

I do think he could be someone who gets bigger offers as time goes on, much like Daylen Berry. Curious how coach found him and if he had someone tip him off much like finding Kolek.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Very interesting. Vinson is flying way under the radar but he’s got game.
And we are on to the next of recruits nobody has ever heard of that Jim now states are good until they sign with someone else. If Paulsen offered a fake person would you say that they have a smooth jumpshot and are under recruited too?

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
can't say I know shit about KY high school basketball but he plays in league of 570-950 students per school (pretty tiny). School is pretty high in education category both in KY and in the country.

Basketball team is generally really good for its division losing in the regional championship this year after compiling a 28-4 record

Toledo, Miami of Ohio and Northern Kentucky are his offers. 2 of them in the last 11 days.

Best part of his highlight video was the chase down block. Don't see that often from a point guard and lord knows with our defense on the perimeter, chances for that come often in Fairfax.

Who knows anymore? When all of your top offers choose, or seemingly will choose elsewhere one must find other less shiny toys to try and play with.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
And we are on to the next of recruits nobody has ever heard of that Jim now states are good until they sign with someone else. If Paulsen offered a fake person would you say that they have a smooth jumpshot and are under recruited too?

There are a lot of good HS basketball players in this country who hardly get scouted or noticed by the recruiting services. That’s all I’m gonna say about that.