2021 Recruiting

JPgmuswim

Starter
Looks like he’s friends with both XJ and his brother Darius, they both tweeted at him when he posted his top 5.
Would be amazing to get them both.

At 6’2 and 6’0 both playing the backcourt it wouldn’t be a one or the other situation for Paulsen would it? They both seem extremely talented.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looks like he’s friends with both XJ and his brother Darius, they both tweeted at him when he posted his top 5.

At 6’2 and 6’0 both playing the backcourt it wouldn’t be a one or the other situation for Paulsen would it? They both seem extremely talented.
Better not be a one or the other decision lol. They would slot in as our two best guards almost immediately

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Dave played Otis and Marquise together 35 minutes every game. He would take both Reynolds and Darius in a heartbeat, and it would instantly be his best recruiting class regardless of who else comes.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Until Darius releases his top list I'm assuming Mason isn't in the picture, just my skepticism.

That said, I'm hopeful for Reynolds.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Until Darius releases his top list I'm assuming Mason isn't in the picture, just my skepticism.

That said, I'm hopeful for Reynolds.

Darius almost certainly will put Mason in his final list even if he has no intention of coming here, just because it looks good for the program to be in the mix for such a highly regarded prospect. He’s basically part of the family at this point.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Brayon Freeman to announce between vcu, GW, Oklahoma St and Ole Miss. Mason out of the running for the 3 star PVI product

Please don't go to vcu or GW. This kid is really good and I wanted him if we don't snag Reynolds.

Brayon Freeman to announce between vcu, GW, Oklahoma St and Ole Miss. Mason out of the running for the 3 star PVI product

Please don't go to vcu or GW. This kid is really good and I wanted him if we don't snag Reynolds.

Meh. Also, O'Connell, not PVI.

Wouldn't want him at GW but vcu doesn't bother me at all-other guards we're after in this class can hang with him just fine.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
6-5 SG target Daylen Berry out of North Carolina just grabbed an offer from St. John’s.

I know Reynolds is our No. 1 target at that spot, but Berry is gonna be a very good college player too. Long, athletic and plays both ends. Tons of upside.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Looks like it's GW...

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks like it's GW...

Not gonna lie, it does sting a bit to lose hometown guys to GW. No reason we shouldn't be the destination of choice for someone who wants to stay in the area and isn't drawing offers from Maryland or Georgetown.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
This won’t be a big deal if we can land one of our main targets like Johnson or Reynolds, but man, those are guys are going to be tough to get. Fingers crossed!

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This won’t be a big deal if we can land one of our main targets like Johnson or Reynolds, but man, those are guys are going to be tough to get. Fingers crossed!

True, if we land either of them we'll forget all about this. But that's a huge if that it looks like 2021 is going to hinge on.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Will be totally fine if we land Reynolds or Johnson but the odds of that are getting slimmer with every better offer they receive. Jamion Christian is turning GW into a legit threat for big time recruits. 1 1-2 years in. I wish I could say the same about Mason in 6 years.
The Paulsen guys say “well we didn’t really want them anyway and Paulsen could choose either and chose someone else” but as these kids out compete and play our recruits it becomes too much lip service. Still think about Jahmir Young in nightmares

This is exactly where I didnt want Freeman to go.

No doubt recruiting this area is much harder than it was 20 years ago. GW ascending makes it even harder, though tg for Georgetown's mediocrity...

Staff going hard for Reynolds now, as they should. Mason a fantastic place for him.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Freeman never even visited Mason. We were Reynolds’ first visit. We’ll see how it all shakes out in the end, but our staff has been after Reynolds for a long time — hopefully they can close the deal.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Freeman never even visited Mason. We were Reynolds’ first visit. We’ll see how it all shakes out in the end, but our staff has been after Reynolds for a long time — hopefully they can close the deal.

Yea. Hopefully. Would be a first.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks like it's GW...

not surprised. Rivals had predicted GW.
Christian is recruiting real well, they’ll be good and he will jump to a BCS program quick.

mason definitely needs some studs in 2021, whether it’s Berry or Reynolds or whomever.