2021 Recruiting

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
after making 4 star 6 foot 10 Center Isaiah Richards top 3, Rhode Island along with vcu and Nevada... he mysteriously commits to University of Louisiana who was not on his list... recruiting is wacky as hell.... that was going to be the recruit that may make this first semester a bit easier for the URI Rams.... back to the drawing board for Cox. I still like the team, but hopefully we schedule them in the first semester because they have 6 players eligible to play in the first semester counting Fats Russell who's future is unknown....

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
6-9 F Rafael Castro had a Zoom call with George Mason and has one scheduled with Seton Hall.

One of our priority ‘21 recruits. Would be huge to go into New Jersey and get a kid who’s on Seton Hall’s radar.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
6-9 F Rafael Castro had a Zoom call with George Mason and has one scheduled with Seton Hall.

One of our priority ‘21 recruits. Would be huge to go into New Jersey and get a kid who’s on Seton Hall’s radar.

Too bad Zoom fixed the "zoom bombing issue" they were having when the pandemic started...not that I would do that for this Zoom call..

(Note: No I do not know how to do Zoom bombing nor would I attempt it, I am merely trying to be funny in a time where we need humor)

Herndon

All-Conference

This would be a really, really good get. I LOVE this kid's film.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Keep in mind - this would be to join the 2021 class, supposedly.
Just watched the video, physically the dude looks A10 ready. Listed at 6-10, 210 and that looks about right. I didn’t see anything about his game that looked particularly polished, but nothing looked bad either. Looked like a decent rebounder, not particularly strong around the rim offensively for his size, decent rim protector, range to the elbow. But you can’t teach that size. Almost reminds me of Shevon. Stats aren’t anything to write home about for a JUCO year but I would like this signing if we could get it. Anyone have his high school stat info/videos? I really can’t find a ton about this guy at all.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How old is this kid? He shows up having spent a year playing at Baltimore City Community College before going to Colby Community College? Graduated high school is 2017?! Was the same graduating class as Fats Russell who is an upcoming senior when they played Philly public school ball. He was 1st team in his division at 6 foot 9 for public league in Philly as well so that's good. Weird we are his first D1 offer in the 3 years since he graduated high school. but I am down for SIZE

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Keep in mind - this would be to join the 2021 class, supposedly.

A JUCO big for 2021 makes a lot of sense. Calixte and AJ will be gone and you'll be left with Oduro and Henry (and hopefully freshman Castro -- I know he's more of a 3/4 than a 4/5?).

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
How old is this kid? He shows up having spent a year playing at Baltimore City Community College before going to Colby Community College? Graduated high school is 2017?! Was the same graduating class as Fats Russell who is an upcoming senior when they played Philly public school ball. He was 1st team in his division at 6 foot 9 for public league in Philly as well so that's good. Weird we are his first D1 offer in the 3 years since he graduated high school. but I am down for SIZE

Yeah don’t mean it to be a knock on the dude at all, just genuinely curious about his story. Generally 6-10 dudes get a chance somewhere in D1. Could be a decent get, worth a scholarship to see what he can do.

Between him and Daddy, we’ll be the oldest, least experienced team in 2 seasons lol.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

He was classified on the 2018-19 Baltimore City Community College roster as a redshirt freshman, so he apparently attended a college but didn't play during the 2017-18 season. Nor, did he play for Baltimore City in 2018-19. His first season of college basketball was at Colby Community College last season.

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He was classified on the 2018-19 Baltimore City Community College roster as a redshirt freshman, so he evidently attended a college but didn't play during the 2017-18 season. Nor, did he play for Baltimore City in 2018-19. His first season of college basketball was at Colby Community College last season.

Interesting, maybe walked on or practice squad somewhere Before going to JUCO? I’m really interested in this guys timeline. There’s both pluses and minuses bringing in an older guy with a lot of eligibility left. Development curve looks wayyy different for a 22 year old vs an 18-19 year old who is going to physically develop more while they refine their game.

Herndon

All-Conference
Interesting, maybe walked on or practice squad somewhere Before going to JUCO? I’m really interested in this guys timeline. There’s both pluses and minuses bringing in an older guy with a lot of eligibility left. Development curve looks wayyy different for a 22 year old vs an 18-19 year old who is going to physically develop more while they refine their game.

Kid shot 71% from the FT line, which I like. He's listed at 6'8 on his Hudl page, which I don't like as much.