Welcome Coach Tony Skinn!

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Bryan seems to think it will be point guard by committee and that Begg will play more than we are thinking right now.

But if the offense doesn’t require a ball dominant PG, having multiple guys who can bring the ball up and initiate the offense isn’t a negative. The question is do we have someone who can find buckets when the offense isn’t working?

Id be absolutely shocked if KD isn’t playing 30 mins/game, the majority of which at the point.

Now if that experiment doesn’t work, then we could see something else. But all indications are that is the plan.
TS recruits by promising minutes, KD will get at least 30 mins.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
TS recruits by promising minutes
Source?

Everything I have heard is that he promises the opportunity to compete for starting/minutes, but they have to be earned by work/performance. I was told in one specific case that we lost a recruit because he wanted to be promised minutes but CTS was up front and wouldn't promise something he wasn't planning to deliver.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Someone posted an interview with Skinn. In it he talked about KD specifically and how he wanted a bigger role. His response is he will have to learn to play multiple positions to earn it.

So I’m assuming the plan is for him to play some off ball and if he wants big minutes he will have to be effective at the point too.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I have faith that Coach will make the right choices and find the right combinations in order to WIN and DANCE. He owes no one anything as far as minutes is concerned. The best players in the best combinations play. If it means a senior sits, so be it. That's my 2 cents. Like the rest of you, I'm eager to start finding out just how good we can be.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I thought it was well known at this point. I don’t have a source. But he alludes to the premise in interviews.

He doesn’t promise this to all recruits, just the high priority targets is my understanding.