OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
LOL!

Couldn't happen to a nicer (swell headed) guy. He obviously thinks pretty highly of himself.
Once again, I know you probably never spoke or dealt with Kim. But for those who have (or know those who have), know Kim to be a nice guy and was nothing but good to many folks who he dealt with while at Mason.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
It's easy to root against KE and take schadenfreude when he trips up, but the way I've come to look at it (after shaking off the initial disappointment) - He's gone and he did some good things while he was here. He helped right the ship and indirectly brought Tony Skinn to us. I guess I've reached the "acceptance" step of the break-up!

At this point, the only continued "benefit" we get is through his association to Mason and from him continuing to do great things. It will continue to be mentioned that he coached for us. Therefore - I wish him the best, along with Josh, Ticket and Justyn. I'll be rooting for them, just as I have for Jordan and Tyler!

GMU79

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Once again, I know you probably never spoke or dealt with Kim. But for those who have (or know those who have), know Kim to be a nice guy and was nothing but good to many folks who he dealt with while at Mason.
You're right. I didn't. And maybe he is a great guy. And yes, as has been posted here, maybe he did bring us some benefits. So, as to not run the risk of resurrecting my d-head persona, I hereby announce that I will no more post negative comments about KE. I will just think them. ;):cool:

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
You're right. I didn't. And maybe he is a great guy. And yes, as has been posted here, maybe he did bring us some benefits. So, as to not run the risk of resurrecting my d-head persona, I hereby announce that I will no more post negative comments about KE. I will just think them. ;):cool:
Haha - no no, I'm not saying you shouldn't be negative or keep it real. Just saying things like "he thinks high of himself" or "what a swell guy", doesn't come across so great. Happy to share more on DM.

Simple example - and it means nothing but I thought it was cool, I dm'd him about a instagram story he put up a few days ago and he responded back. Message was silly (about traffic). But he took a second to see that, and then responded to an earlier emotional DM that I sent back in March when I was pissed but wished him well. He said he appreciated the words and was rooting for Tony. I think that's cool.

I'm with @HoopsAdmin - I think we all are thankful we had him when he did and hopefully he will do good things.
Matty Mindset!
I admit it, I'm a Kim English fan and guy. So I'm going to mention whats going on at Providence and I know some folks want to talk about it as well. :thumps chest: lol.

GMU79

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Haha - no no, I'm not saying you shouldn't be negative or keep it real. Just saying things like "he thinks high of himself" or "what a swell guy", doesn't come across so great. Happy to share more on DM.

Simple example - and it means nothing but I thought it was cool, I dm'd him about a instagram story he put up a few days ago and he responded back. Message was silly (about traffic). But he took a second to see that, and then responded to an earlier emotional DM that I sent back in March when I was pissed but wished him well. He said he appreciated the words and was rooting for Tony. I think that's cool.

I'm with @HoopsAdmin - I think we all are thankful we had him when he did and hopefully he will do good things.

I admit it, I'm a Kim English fan and guy. So I'm going to mention whats going on at Providence and I know some folks want to talk about it as well. :thumps chest: lol.
Thanks for that. I had no idea. Yeah, that is cool!
I have no idea how to DM. Don't even say it...:unsure:;)

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So happy with this news. Also interested in FKE’s recruits as it stands his record isn’t too good
His current recruiting record as a head coach has not lived up to his billing. I was someone who touted his record as an assistant, and it simply did not translate.

Things can obviously change (quickly) but to this point, I don't think it can be argued.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
His current recruiting record as a head coach has not lived up to his billing. I was someone who touted his record as an assistant, and it simply did not translate.

Things can obviously change (quickly) but to this point, I don't think it can be argued.
He convinced Fernandez to come here? And his class that would have been coming in would have probably been a top 10 class in Mason history, right?

I’d argue that either the sample size is too limited, or you are crowded by recency bias.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He convinced Fernandez to come here? And his class that would have been coming in would have probably been a top 10 class in Mason history, right?

I’d argue that either the sample size is too limited, or you are crowded by recency bias.
Mo Mbaye - Committed but ineligible
Blake Jones - Forced transfer after 2 years
Dinkins - 4th on the depth chart at Mason
Fernandez - Very solid. Lived up to reasonable expectations
Cam Walker - Committed but arrested for murder
Nnaji - Forced transfer after 1 year

Austin Ball - Committed and retained at Mason
Rich Barron - Committed and taken to Providence
Dez White - Committed and not retained at Mason. Went to Austin Peay.
Jordan Marsh - Committed and not retained at Mason. Went to App State.