PROVIDENCE UPDATE

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Do we know if Josh is playing exclusively or primarily the 5 there? I can see him excelling on the offensive end against other teams 4's

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Their backup 5, Will McNair, transferred out late in the summer. Rafael Castro will probably fill that spot now while also getting minutes at the 4, but their only other real big is a freshman, Eli DeLaurier.

They also have Bryce Hopkins and Ticket to rotate in at the 4, so don’t see any minutes for JO there.

I wish him luck … Big East is a rugged league for undersized 5s.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Their backup 5, Will McNair, transferred out late in the summer. Rafael Castro will probably fill that spot now while also getting minutes at the 4, but their only other real big is a freshman, Eli DeLaurier.

They also have Bryce Hopkins and Ticket to rotate in at the 4, so don’t see any minutes for JO there.

I wish him luck … Big East is a rugged league for undersized 5s.
Castro and Oduro teaming up at Providence.

Just like how Paulsen drew it up when he recruited both of them in like 2016 or whatever.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Castro and Oduro teaming up at Providence.

Just like how Paulsen drew it up when he recruited both of them in like 2016 or whatever.
Could Oduro-Castro-Miller-Kolek-Polite (healthy) have been enough to save DP’s job? Interesting to think about.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Big East will be a whole different animal for Josh, but luckily for him he doesn't have to be the focal point of what PC will try to do on offense. Defenses aren't going to game plan to shut Josh down and let everyone else beat them like most of his games in Fairfax.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Big East will be a whole different animal for Josh, but luckily for him he doesn't have to be the focal point of what PC will try to do on offense. Defenses aren't going to game plan to shut Josh down and let everyone else beat them like most of his games in Fairfax.
Agreed- I think he will be fine and would not be surprised to see him on an All Big East team this year with Kolek.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Joe Lunardi has Providence as one of his "Fallers" from last season to this season (but still making the tournament):

MORE FALLERS:

-- Lunardi

Last edited:
OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The fall is based on unknowns with the coach and not the lack of talent. It is put up or shut up time for Kimmie.
Yep for sure. He’s shown he can recruit, he can pull transfers from previous stops and that his coaching in game is good and improving.

He hasn’t proven that he can reach the postseason quite yet which is the main goal.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm wondering what happens when he runs out of previous stop guys...like right around the corner.
Me too. He does recruit some good players otherwise, but there’s still heavy reliance on them.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm wondering what happens when he runs out of previous stop guys...like right around the corner.
then he goes to missed recruits and the portal in general
4* and 5* players who went to bigger school and didn't get minutes or their games weren't good enough.
then it is a matter of player development skills of the coaching staff
and some NIL money wouldn't hurt

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Of all the things to be unsure about with KE, I’m dying laughing that some of y’all thinking recruiting is one of them. He is an incredibly solid recruiter, evidenced by his time at Mason, guys he’s gotten at Providence already, and guys he’s convinced to transfer and stay at both schools.