PROVIDENCE UPDATE

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Of all the things to be unsure about with KE, I’m dying laughing that some of y’all thinking recruiting is one of them. He is an incredibly solid recruiter, evidenced by his time at Mason, guys he’s gotten at Providence already, and guys he’s convinced to transfer and stay at both schools.
Yeah, no doubt he’s solid. I’m just curious about when the whole “guys from last stops” ends. Think this will be it with that, other than Justyn.

ephoops

Starter
Of all the things to be unsure about with KE, I’m dying laughing that some of y’all thinking recruiting is one of them. He is an incredibly solid recruiter, evidenced by his time at Mason, guys he’s gotten at Providence already, and guys he’s convinced to transfer and stay at both schools.

Call me when he recruits a player as head coach as good as Kolek or Miller. He re-recruited Oduro, but he did not recruit Oduro when he was in high school.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Call me when he recruits a player as head coach as good as Kolek or Miller. He re-recruited Oduro, but he did not recruit Oduro when he was in high school.
I know this will be our favorite bantering topic for the next few years. But for me I’d much rather balance versus all or nothing.

We’ll see what happens with Kim. He’s going to get duds just like Dave did, but it’s pretty hard to find and project what any recruit will turn out to be. I love Koleks story from under recruited to top pg in America and love Millers story too.

Last edited:

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I know this will be our favorite bantering topic for the next few years. But for me I’d much rather balance versus all or nothing.

We’ll see what happens with Kim. He’s going to get duds just like Dave did, but it’s pretty hard to find and project what any recruit will turn out to be. I love Koleks story from under recruited to top pg in America and love Millers story too.
All coaches recruit duds. Some guys blow up; others fizzle out. If they didn't, there would be no need for the transfer portal.

Yes, some guys transfer up (Hancock, Miller, Kolek), but I suspect most transfer (or worse) down because they don't get the playing time they thought they deserved (Gaines*), or their previous coach realized "Oops" and recruited over them so they wanted out thinking they are better than they really are, and end up at a 'lower' school.

*I don't know/remember the specifics as to why Gaines transferred to GMU from UT, but I suspect my supposition is a common transfer reason.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
“Played”. Click the link you posted, he averaged a whopping 1.4 points on 5 mins a game, as a 5th year senior. After a stop at the known powerhouse of Kansas City Kangaroos.
Guess my sense of humor doesn't resonate around here.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
from twitter

1697983439828.png

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Peter had heart. And he helped keep Josh.
A warm practice body who helped keep his stud brother and played hard in the few minutes when he got the floor. Every program needs one of those. Whether he should have been on scholarship...well...