News New George Mason Logo

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Thank heaven they remembered to put the TM on the court.

View attachment 2379
Why couldn't they just put the GMTM in the center? It sucks, but it does look better when it is in a green ball.
1725028526914.jpeg

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
And the fact that the half court line doesn't even line up with the middle of the "yellow brick road" makes it look pretty amateurish.
OMG didn't notice this at first, that's horrific.

For the most part I'm over the logo, but I can't stand how they feel the need to include the "TM" icon on absolutely everything. Use on digital? Maybe some print assets? Fine. But slapping a very noticeable "TM" on half court and every piece of merch is so stupid.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
The symbol "TM" usually means that it isn't an officially registered trademark. I guess this compels Mason to include it wherever the logo is used (including the basketball court).

GMU79

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
OMG didn't notice this at first, that's horrific.

For the most part I'm over the logo, but I can't stand how they feel the need to include the "TM" icon on absolutely everything. Use on digital? Maybe some print assets? Fine. But slapping a very noticeable "TM" on half court and every piece of merch is so stupid.
Yeah, I'm pretty much over it too. It is what it is. But the misaligned line is awful!

illayin

Sixth Man
that is the center of the logo
And the fact that the half court line doesn't even line up with the middle of the "yellow brick road" makes it look pretty amateurish.

while i agree it looks bad when you look at that part, that is the literal center of the logo width-wise. so, all they did was center the logo

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
that is the center of the logo

while i agree it looks bad when you look at that part, that is the literal center of the logo width-wise. so, all they did was center the logo
Yes, my point was that it is another example of how poorly the logo was designed that it wasn’t taken into account that you were going to put it on a court. Or, knowing you were creating an oddly balanced logo, that you didn’t do something like @Walter suggested and put it inside a bubble to prevent the illusion that you didn’t get centered properly.