Game 8, South Fla, Dec 4th, 7 PM, MASN

Scythe

Starter
This was entirely a mental loss. The team doesn't know how to get encouraged when they're down. Do we have a sports psychologist like the OCM brought in before?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If I was in charge I would fire Hewitt, cut half the team and take the best 5-7 transfers/ walk-ons in January. Seriously this team plays with very little heart and has more luck in their wins than heart.

Uh your a fool. Tom was right - we were playing very well up until the technical that came after two BS - clearly BS calls on Copes.

AlphaMasonPatriot

Four-star Recruit
We were playing really really well up until that one point in the game, let's take this as a huge learning experience before conference play where it matters.

MasonCrew

Starter
Uh your a fool. Tom was right - we were playing very well up until the technical that came after two BS - clearly BS calls on Copes.

You cannot blame this loss on the refs. We have a coach that doesn't motivate. No ifs ands ors about it. We will not have a good team for some years. Talented, but poorly coached.

The Great PATSby

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Alcohol can't fix this loss. Does anyone here know where I can get some drugs? none of that pu$$y $hit like weed... I need oxycontin or meth

JimP

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I will never blame the refs for this one. After all that shit went down we were still up by 6 or 7. Good teams don't crumble like that. It's been a recurring theme under Hewitt. This team is not good with prosperity, nor are they good when faced with adversity. We were up 16 with around 12 to go for God's sake.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This was entirely a mental loss. The team doesn't know how to get encouraged when they're down. Do we have a sports psychologist like the OCM brought in before?

Sent from my Nexus 5

We need one of our point guards to be more of a leader than they are right now. Allen could have done a lot to calm things down by taking control of the tempo of the game, but he became part of the problem instead of the solution.

Edwards was sitting on the bench for much of it and no help.

Dawgs99

Starter
I know he hasn't played much recently, but damn is Copes just plain awful. It was killing me that Hewitt was going offense/defense with him and J2 at the end. Why not go with Jalen there, he only had 5 blocks last game and moves better than Copes. I hope Royal has some game so we can glue Copes a** to the bench next year if he doesn't improve. I dont care how rusty you are, clean uncontested 15 footer totally misses rim and get all back board. Unreal...every home game this season has been like going to the dentist!!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And an amend to that, it would be really nice if we had a low post player we could reliably throw the ball into on the block and get something positive from there.

KAOriginal

All-American
Without jumping in too much...don't let the idea of better players "next year" fool you into thinking that what's missing.

Go read your history books on Georgia Tech and how flat, unmotivated and fragile those teams were. Its not like they had scrubs for players....

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I think we are seeing why Hewitt was so unsettled when Arledge wanted a red shirt. Copes and Williams just aren't capable of playing the game.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I just got home and the best part of the night was that our babysitter wouldn't take any money.......

As bad as the refs were, they didn't turn the ball over essentially handing USF the ball on at least 2 possessions. they didn't make us force up bad 3's when USF couldn't stop our drives to the basket w/out fouling. They didn't force us to play man on that last play when we should have been in a zone, IMO. USF went 1-9 from behind the arc and may have hit only a handful of shots that were more than 8 feet from the hoop.

If the loss against New Mexico derailed last year's team, god only knows what tonight will do to this team.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If we miss the postseason again this year (and that means at least the NIT -- let's please not count the CIT as postseason), Hewitt has got to go, I don't care how much money we'll eat out of his contract. We need someone in here who will be able to work with a returning cast of players which will include no go-to scorer like we've had with Pearson and Sherrod -- just imagine how horrifyingly bad this team will be next year without a big-time scorer on the roster?

GMUheckler

Preferred Walk-On
Coach L knew to go, Coach H needs to go Mason has needed a Bobby Knight type coach since the final 4. Most of our players now are caught up in Cinderella/ 05-06 hype. Our players have no respect for what Patriots before them did and expect they should be going to the NBA and winning Final 4's because they go to George Mason.

JimP

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I can't believe I allowed myself to think "This last 10 minutes will be fun to watch" after we were up 16. The opposition is never out of it against these guys. (and their coaching staff)

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
one other thing the refs didn't to- put a senior on the line with a chance to tie the game and miss, then put a different senior on the line for him to miss as well. We shot under 60% from the line.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Coach L knew to go, Coach H needs to go Mason has needed a Bobby Knight type coach since the final 4. Most of our players now are caught up in Cinderella/ 05-06 hype. Our players have no respect for what Patriots before them did and expect they should be going to the NBA and winning Final 4's because they go to George Mason.

WTH?

JimP

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
one other thing the refs didn't to- put a senior on the line with a chance to tie the game and miss, then put a different senior on the line for him to miss as well. We shot under 60% from the line.

Yeah, you'd think the seniors would be money in those clutch situations. I guess not.