Game 8, South Fla, Dec 4th, 7 PM, MASN

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I really don't think this team has the mental toughness to overcome this kind of loss. They didn't have the mental toughness to withstand the poor officiating and blew a 17 point lead with 12 minutes to go tonight. I've got a feeling these next few games are going to be ROUGH.

I hope they prove me wrong.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Oh shut up. That is not the case. The refs totally changed the game with a series of just insane calls.

Its what they are. No reason to get uptight about it. I thought the coaching was alot better tonight. Good defensive calls to keep them off balance. Needed more of that apparently.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I really don't think this team has the mental toughness to overcome this kind of loss. They didn't have the mental toughness to withstand the poor officiating and blew a 17 point lead with 12 minutes to go tonight. I've got a feeling these next few games are going to be ROUGH.

I hope they prove me wrong.

The problem was compounded by a very good and aggressive South Florida defense. So they started to figure out Mason just as the refs were starting to put USF on the line every 5 seconds.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
unreal. team of pussies.

Perfectly stated. We got royally jobbed by the refs but we showed no composure after their 6-point possession. Oh, and it doesn't help that Copes and J2 combined for 1 point. Pathetic.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Not the end of the world. Not a conference game. I rarely say refs stole a game but in this one they did.

Bricker

Starter
Perfectly stated. We got royally jobbed by the refs but we showed no composure after their 6-point possession. Oh, and it doesn't help that Copes and J2 combined for 1 point. Pathetic.
I really see no reason to start Johnny anymore. Copes, Jenkins.. anyone at this point.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
The problem was compounded by a very good and aggressive South Florida defense. So they started to figure out Mason just as the refs were starting to put USF on the line every 5 seconds.

I'm sorry but there's no way the South Florida defense all of a sudden figured out how to stop Sherrod Wright who was dominating the game. We stopped giving him the ball for no apparent reason. Don't fix something if it isn't broken. There are phases of each game that completely blow my mind, and that blew my mind tonight.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Copes and J2 were called for about 4 horrible fouls against them combined as well.

DeepValue

Starter
The technical was pretty soft, but AO did give him a little bit of the business with his foot as he was extricating himself. Really bad play.

What I didn't understand was why Corey Edwards was out for such a long stretch in the second half. He was actually matching up pretty well against Allen.

Does anyone remember when Johnny Williams used to make ten to fifteen footers with ease? Seems like a million years ago.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
How is Copes allowed to take that jump shot late in the game? I don't care who is in foul trouble, pull his a** out of the game for that. Things like that hurt the team...he'll miss that shot 10 times out of 10. I don't understand wasted possessions like that.

Bricker

Starter
Also, I can only assume that Corey Allen Jr. is Corey and Bryon's adopted son. Must be weird losing to your kid for the first time...

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I really see no reason to start Johnny anymore. Copes, Jenkins.. anyone at this point.

Completely agree. He's horrible on defense and does little on offense. I'm starting to wonder what Copes brings. Start Marko and Jenkins and bring J2 and Copes off the bench.

Bricker

Starter
How is Copes allowed to take that jump shot late in the game? I don't care who is in foul trouble, pull his a** out of the game for that. Things like that hurt the team...he'll miss that shot 10 times out of 10. I don't understand wasted possessions like that.

Also of note, PH appears to have gone full-Vertrail on us. 0-4 from 3 tonight. His shot looks wayyyyyyyy off this year.

DeepValue

Starter
So many mistakes tactically. Mason had them in early foul trouble, but fell asleep with the big lead instead of finishing them off. Next thing you know USF turns the tables and uses the new rules to their advantage. Ugh, I don't know.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Okoloji does NOTHING for this team. I know the technical foul was bullshit and I know he hustles and is trying. But there are hundreds, if not thousands, of other players who would love that scholarship. All AO does is run around like a chicken without a head running into things, falling over, traveling. It's annoying that Hewitt was so high on him, dude is a bust.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Also of note, PH appears to have gone full-Vertrail on us. 0-4 from 3 tonight. His shot looks wayyyyyyyy off this year.

Yes, Holloway looks completely off. Nothing wants to fall for him, and because of that he throws up wild jump shots. He does hit the occasional floater in the lane though, but that's not what we need from him.