Game 15, AT vcu, Jan 9th, 7 PM, CBS Sports Network

sigmanorm

Starter
I just have not seen our guys play at a level where they can beat this vcu team. Let's hope they get up for the game and everyone brings their A game. If not, this could get ugly early. Will be at the Green Turtle to cheer and DRINK. See you there.

Prediction:
Team where fans boo a 4 year old (yes, they booed my daughter when she was 4 because she was wearing a Mason cheerleading uniform) - 74
GMU 56, unless everyone shows up for GMU, then 71

PS - my wife gave them what for (she doesn't take S)...I was not there when it happened

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I just have not seen our guys play at a level where they can beat this vcu team. Let's hope they get up for the game and everyone brings their A game. If not, this could get ugly early. Will be at the Green Turtle to cheer and DRINK. See you there.

Prediction:
Team where fans boo a 4 year old (yes, they booed my daughter when she was 4 because she was wearing a Mason cheerleading uniform) - 74

PS - my wife gave them what for (she doesn't take S)...I was not there when it happened

Not surprising coming from vcu fans. I am from Richmond and no one associates with vcu other than their students, thugs, or redneck bandwagon fans. Richmond is VT country with UVA and JMU right next behind. When people hear of vcu they usually cringe or laugh. vcu is the red-headed step child when it comes to VA colleges and universities. They suck at academics and are always trying to gain respect through their Bball team. But no one cares about them in that city. Tis a shame.

These "fans" are why every VA school hates them. Their redneck fans have nothing else to root for while NASCAR is on break so they jump on the vcu bandwagon.

Bryon Allen was telling me recently that 3-4 middle aged vcu fans cursed him out after their game down in Richmond a couple years back. The players know the hatred between teams so this should be interesting. These players know the task in front of them and they will be ready and pumped!

Hopefully Jalen or Sherrod will throw 1 or 2 down on Reddic's neck!

Last edited:

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I want to see Copes legitimately posterize one of vcu's stars, just for giggles.

gmuEX

Preferred Walk-On
Last night a vcu player was almost killed in a tragic horseback riding accident. He fell from the horse and was nearly trampled to death. Thank God the manager of the Wal-Mart came out and unplugged it.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Tweeder seems very popular over there....I love the bravado they have about beating us in the past. They won't even acknowledge that in all of the past games where they've beaten us they've had the home court advantage (or home street/block advanatage). As if the outcome wouldn't have been different if many of those games were played at Fairfax High School (actually that's probably too far away from campus for a good comparison). The best way to shut them up is to ask them the last time we lost to that team outside of Richmond.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
All I know is, I want to see this facial expression happen again
shakamerten0212a.jpg

and a celebration like this by our guys

http://www.vcuramnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/George-Mason-earns-big-midmajor-win-over-vcu-3810DI1N-x-large.jpg

JBiggs

Starter
4 of the last 5 meetings with them were in Richmond, and we still won 2 of the 5 games, per the game notes: http://www.gomason.com/fls/25200/Game Notes/Men's Basketball/MBB_Game_Notes.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=25200.

Out of the last 15 games dating back to our final four season (05-06), 10 of them have been in Richmond, with 5 in Fairfax. We won six games, while vcu won 9. http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/h2h/virginia-commonwealth_vs_george-mason

They haven't beaten us outside of Richmond since our down year in 2007 after the Final Four run. And if you take out the 6 "neutral site" CAA tournament wins, they only lead the all-time series 25-18. That's not saying much, considering Mason's basketball program was essentially a joke until the OCM was hired.

But, don't let statistics hinder their mindset that they're Duke and we're Morehead State.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
4 of the last 5 meetings with them were in Richmond, and we still won 2 of the 5 games, per the game notes: http://www.gomason.com/fls/25200/Game Notes/Men's Basketball/MBB_Game_Notes.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=25200.

Out of the last 15 games dating back to our final four season (05-06), 10 of them have been in Richmond, with 5 in Fairfax. We won six games, while vcu won 9. http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/h2h/virginia-commonwealth_vs_george-mason

They haven't beaten us outside of Richmond since our down year in 2007 after the Final Four run. And if you take out the 6 "neutral site" CAA tournament wins, they only lead the all-time series 25-18. That's not saying much, considering Mason's basketball program was essentially a joke until the OCM was hired.

But, don't let statistics hinder their mindset that they're Duke and we're Morehead State.

I've brought this up several times in other threads.

Had the CAA tournament been played in DC instead of Richmond over the past 20 years, our all-time record against vcu would look a lot different -- and those hipster dumbasses in skinny jeans would be crying about it non-stop.

F those delusional MFers.

Haxormax

Starter
When I was going through high school, I hated the whole thing, I had horrible grades (2.5). I got into vcu. I was f**king psyched! I then got into mason and obviously chose GMU. One of the most decisive factors in NOT going to vcu was that all my druggy ( people that'd rather get high than keep their prior commitments) friends went to vcu. All of them either got degrees or dropped out to get further into drugs.

Point of the story? I made the right decisions in life and never worried about getting knifed while in college. I have a pretty sweet job and I didn't have to suck my way up the corporate ladder to get it!

MasonCrew

Starter
Prediction:

Haha awesome. I remember being at a game in Richmond and this impish, hagard looking vcu fan was yelling at me and my brother most the game. After a while I just turned around and asked if he was self-conscious because of all the acne on his face that looks like shit. He didn't say another thing the rest of the game.

On a side note, SLU beat URI by 1 last night, and we beat URI by 7 - we're better than St. Louis. And, we lost to Iowa State by less than Baylor did, so we're better than them too.

Also, I always laugh when a vcu grad talks about their school's standards. Here is a list of the best 17 VA schools (17!@!) from the site they posted a link to, and shockingly it didn't include vcu. I don't put much stock in lists like these, but the fact that someone didn't consider them one of the top 17 institutions of higher learning in this great commonwealth is hysterical to me. http://collegeapps.about.com/od/collegerankings/tp/top-virginia-colleges.htm

Also also, here is a great article on the startup/tech scene in DC and Mason gets a nice shoutout (also has quotes from a Mason economist, and a former Mason economist). http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f361ca-1991-11e3-8685-5021e0c41964_story.html

Moral of the story: even if our basketball team is slightly worse than theirs (I still think we'll win this game as it will be good for Hewitt and God hates me), we are a much stronger institution (which is really all that matters). So tomorrow I'll get drunk, watch us suck, and not really feel that bad. The fifth stage is acceptance.

Last edited: