Game 15, AT vcu, Jan 9th, 7 PM, CBS Sports Network

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The difference between GMU and vcu is best illustrated by the fact that we built a Top 40 law school from the ground up via blood, sweat and tears, while vcu 'acquired' MCV via the state legislature and has used East German Stasi-style tactics to thrust the vcu name upon a once-proud medical school:

"The previous administration led by President Eugene P. Trani had pursued a policy of promoting the vcu name as a unified identity to the outside world. This policy had included directing faculty, staff and students to use the vcu name instead of MCV in any official meetings or correspondence. This was accomplished by first the creation of the MCV Hospital Authority, ostensibly to better administer the MCV Hospitals, to a later name change of this Authority to the vcu Health System Authority (with MCV Hospitals being a component thereof). This Authority under the direction of Sheldin Retchin, MD then went about changing the physical appearance of the structures and advertising materials, to include letter head and websites. The faculty and medical students at that time were instructed at that time to cease referring to the institution as the Medical College of Virginia."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_College_of_Virginia
Ha, ask my friends who went there what it's called and you'll never here the name vcu. Ever.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Reading vcu's board is comical. They apparently don't understand pre-game banter/sarcasm. If only they could get educated on the topic... through some kind of facility that educates people...
The beautiful thing about reading their posts is that their insecurities come shining through. We are expecting us to lose. Yet they come off as arrogant and edgy because they have everything to lose. If we keep it close or God forbid they lose...the meltdown will be something to behold. Either way the credibility of our institution does not ride entirely on our basketball season.

sigmanorm

Starter
What's the best way to get a vcu grad off your porch?

Hand them the money for the pizza
One of my fraternity brothers received a resume from a vcu grad looking to work for his company this week. Misspellings in the email he sent, including the subject. Needless to say he did not get an interview. He did have experience working at GNC, but no pizza deliver. One day maybe, a boy can dream!

U

Unbelievable

Spectator
Excerpts from a college review website written by vcu's very own students and alumni. Hilarious!

"While attending vcu, I was repeatedly drugged, terrorized, beaten, and threatened- some of which was sexual."

“vcu is essentially the school where losers and burn outs go because they had no where else to go, and it shows”

“Look, I didn't expect the most challenging coursework at vcu, but I also expected a semblance of academia. They'll wow you with their talk about exciting basketball and facility upgrades, but vcu needs to seriously work on the basic pillar of being a university: academics. I transferred into vcu from Northern Virginia Community College and I depressingly learned more at that school than I did at vcu.”

“Also, the social scene is terrible if you're not a hipster (which seem to make up the majority of the school).”

“My first impressions of vcu were that it was like a city college, a place where older people could go and change their careers. No frills, just a generic, practical degree. I knew beforehand that the school had about the lowest reputation of any 4-year school in the state of Virginia (excepting Radford University, which I know nothing about...except that it is a rural school). I attended vcu for only one academic year. The first thing I noticed at the school was that it let anyone in, was filled with lackluster students who admitted that all they wanted were C's”

“If you have a choice to go to a top tier university, please do so. I chose vcu out of convenience and was very disappointed with my choice.”

“vcu is an awfull university. Do not go there unless you are not accepted anywhere else. There is no campus life.”

“This is a downright terrible school. It is full of grossly incompetent people that should of never been allowed into a university from the beginning.”

“This school was quite possibly the most horrible experience of my life. I transferred from a community college, and learned that virtually every decent person who attends this school transfers by the end of his or her sophomore year.”

I understand your joy in bashing vcu, but I wouldn't put too much stock in someone who was stupid enough to spend an entire year at a place where he was "repeatedly drugged, terrorized, beaten, and threatened."

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I would also forgo any further wins this season if we just beat them in Richmond.

This is my dream scenario: We beat vcu, lose the rest of our A-10 games to tank their RPI, they miss the NCAA tournament as a result, the city of Richmond has a Chernobyl-style meltdown, and our own meltdown prompts TOC to take Hewitt out back and give him the Ol' Yeller treatment.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
This is my dream scenario: We beat vcu, lose the rest of our A-10 games to tank their RPI, they miss the NCAA tournament as a result, the city of Richmond has a Chernobyl-style meltdown, and our own meltdown prompts TOC to take Hewitt out back and give him the Ol' Yeller treatment.
...And then, much like at the end of 'The Departed", an 'Ángel' shows up to put an end to the hitman (TOC).

MasonCrew

Starter
I do like bashing vcu, you can see how easily their fans get rattled and it makes it that much better. Anyway, today is the day. I'll be shocked with a win, but haven't ruled it out.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
My heart, like all here, thinks we can win. The head knows I havent seen anything to prove we can even maintain a lead, make good decisions, and play with any fire, A win would be a miracle. Having said that, hope the team brought their jelly.

Vaseline-Pure-Petroleum-Jelly-305212345001.jpg

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
My heart, like all here, thinks we can win. The head knows I havent seen anything to prove we can even maintain a lead, make good decisions, and play with any fire, A win would be a miracle. Having said that, hope the team brought their jelly.

See, I get the joke, but I honestly think J2 and Copes smear this on their hands before every game.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I love the insecurity when Rhoades name gets mentioned...I also love the logic of them thinking we'd never hire him because TOC wouldn't do it. Guess they assume TOC will be making that choice.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
6 hours from tip off ...and here's my prediction...

For some reason, law of averages, murphys law, karma, i dunno..but something tells me we find a way to slow the tempo, and force them into their weak spot..jumpers...for most of the game. Then they make a run to seal the win. But we come away with a tiny bit of surprise dignity. Tonight we see who goes balls to the wall on this roster. Coaches included.

Mason - 62
discount.art.center.of.richmond - 72

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I love the insecurity when Rhoades name gets mentioned...I also love the logic of them thinking we'd never hire him because TOC wouldn't do it. Guess they assume TOC will be making that choice.
DB does have a point. It is unusual for a mid major assistant to get a head coaching job and from a conference mate. Might be better PR for vcu than us. "If you can't beat them . . ."