2021 Recruiting

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Kordell Charles adds an offer from USF ... seems he’s officially on the radar again. No bueno for Mason.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Is tomorrow make or break for this recruiting class? How much is riding on Williamson's commitment? Last predictions?

As much as we all want one of the guys that Mason has been linked to for the last 18 months, I can't see Williamson being a make or break. Sure can use him of course. He is rated well and has some okay offers.

I have to think the staff has something up their sleeve, but we just may not hear about it until the day before (or whenever the recruit tweets about it).

But maybe I'm too optimistic.

JPgmuswim

Starter
I have to think the staff has something up their sleeve, but we just may not hear about it until the day before (or whenever the recruit tweets about it).

But maybe I'm too optimistic.

I think you may be giving them a little more credit than most. I do like your thinking though, we all keep wondering where the other big men targets are, it’s crazy, they have to have a plan right?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What do we think? He either stays at home (La Salle) or chooses Buffalo or Mason? ETSU has four forwards who are sophomores or freshmen right now. Maybe Howard is a dark horse with Maker on the team (but he's probably a one-and-doner isn't he)?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What do we think? He either stays at home (La Salle) or chooses Buffalo or Mason? ETSU has four forwards who are sophomores or freshmen right now. Maybe Howard is a dark horse with Maker on the team (but he's probably a one-and-doner isn't he)?
My moneys on ETSU Akron bowling green or buffalo if he doesn’t come to mason. He’s ETSUs top rated big man and they have a bunch of scholarships I thought.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My moneys on ETSU Akron bowling green or buffalo if he doesn’t come to mason. He’s ETSUs top rated big man and they have a bunch of scholarships I thought.

They do have 4 scholarships open, but they have 4 bigs already for 2021, 2 will be juniors, 2 will be sophomores.

He also may be rated higher than the other guy they're connected with, but that other guy has offers from Dayton, Virginia Tech, and Georgia -- and he's also 6'10...so I'm going to assume those 2 stars don't tell the whole story there.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They do have 4 scholarships open, but they have 4 bigs already for 2021, 2 will be juniors, 2 will be sophomores.

He also may be rated higher than the other guy they're connected with, but that other guy has offers from Dayton, Virginia Tech, and Georgia -- and he's also 6'10...so I'm going to assume those 2 stars don't tell the whole story there.
I’m going to assume they have no chance with that guy lol I mean they recruit better than we do but that’s not saying much

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think you may be giving them a little more credit than most. I do like your thinking though, we all keep wondering where the other big men targets are, it’s crazy, they have to have a plan right?

I have to think they do. I also think that VC and all the recruiting sites don't post every offer every single kid gets so I'm sure theres a lot that still doesn't get out on the internet.

I could be crazy though. They also could be scouting and waiting and seeing who improves a lot as a senior and is more under the radar.

Who knows. But knowing this group, just the nature of how they roll which is fine. We don't need to know everything or we'd be jumping off a bridge more than usual lol.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I have to think they do. I also think that VC and all the recruiting sites don't post every offer every single kid gets so I'm sure theres a lot that still doesn't get out on the internet.

I could be crazy though. They also could be scouting and waiting and seeing who improves a lot as a senior and is more under the radar.

Who knows. But knowing this group, just the nature of how they roll which is fine. We don't need to know everything or we'd be jumping off a bridge more than usual lol.
I mean Vc at least is an algorithm that finds tweets of legit offers. If a kid or his coach or an Adam Alayew doesn’t tweet he was offered Than you may be right. But that doesn’t happen.

JPgmuswim

Starter

In the social media crazed world we live in, recruits tweet “blessed to receive an offer from..........” more than people say “thoughts and prayers”. There are still some like our latest commit Gray that don’t have Twitter though.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Oduro’s little brother is a 6-8 PF in the 21 class. If he signs with Mason there will be a mushroom cloud over sleeper’s house larger than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. :D
I have nothing against Oduro personally so as long as his brother can at least pretend to play defense we should sign the kid. Apparently Oduro turned like 20 lbs of his fat into muscle as well... could be big for us since the C position is super weak

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I have nothing against Oduro personally so as long as his brother can at least pretend to play defense we should sign the kid. Apparently Oduro turned like 20 lbs of his fat into muscle as well... could be big for us since the C position is super weak

I was just busting balls man ... but yes the reports on Oduro are very encouraging — I hope it proves accurate once the games start.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Zaakir confirms he is committing today. show some love on Twitter @zaakirwilliams1. just don't be super creepy like some of our Twitter folks