What I Like About Jalen Jenkins

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Back to the topic at hand....Jenkins is going to ball out these next three years and is going to make some players look foolish in the process. Excited about his future.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
I guess you don't remember his game winning shot in the vcu game two years ago.

Dude. I remember that shot fine. What exactly did that shot accomplish besides a lucky come from behind home win against a better vcu squad?

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I thought Sherrod was going to be the next Cam Long. He is not. Would have come close with a solid senior season but not the way it's unfolding.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Cam had some bad games his senior year.

Ryan Pearson had some bad games his senior year too. Everyone has some bad games. I don't remember Cam ever completely checking out and playing the way Sherrod has the last several games.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ryan Pearson had some bad games his senior year too. Everyone has some bad games. I don't remember Cam ever completely checking out and playing the way Sherrod has the last several games.

That's because Cam played defense and could run a fast break for easy buckets.

KAOriginal

All-American
I like that he might actually be good and we can call him "JJ"..... (J2 or J Squared has already been ruined by someone else.....)

polepino

Starter
I thought Sherrod was going to be the next Cam Long. He is not. Would have come close with a solid senior season but not the way it's unfolding.

I honestly believe, had Larranaga stayed, that Sherrod would've been a bit more of a player. L's system was more half court, which allowed the players to set up shots at a deliberately more controlled pace. I think Allen and Wright, and J2 now that I think of it, would've seemed like stronger peices in the more regimented system that L's offense was. It was more, "you are going to go here, and you are going to go there and we are going to stick with that" as opposed to Hewitts more open ended "anyone can score at any time" approach.

KAOriginal

All-American
I honestly believe, had Larranaga stayed, that Sherrod would've been a bit more of a player. L's system was more half court, which allowed the players to set up shots at a deliberately more controlled pace. I think Allen and Wright, and J2 now that I think of it, would've seemed like stronger peices in the more regimented system that L's offense was. It was more, "you are going to go here, and you are going to go there and we are going to stick with that" as opposed to Hewitts more open ended "anyone can score at any time" approach.

As discussed with a basketball guru...the theory of team vs individual is at play here in L vs. Hewitt.

OCM's system could make players thrive by their defined roles in it. Hewitts system allows those with "the gifts" to excel on their own.

KAOriginal

All-American
Kid can flat out play and you can tell he enjoys playing. Hopefully we get a new coach in here so Jenkins doesn't regress and only continues to get better.

Seriously Jenkins is fine. Natural players do well under Hewitt. Those that need to be coached up don't. Its that simple. Go read the GT history boards.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
A glimmer of hope is that the guys Hewitt has recruited for next year have the same mentality as Jenkins..He really is a stud who takes no S*it

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
A10 ROW Jalen Jenkins leads the Patriots in rebounds per game (5.6). If he finishes the season as the leader in this category, he will be the first freshman to do so since George Evans in 1997-98.