Paul Hewitt has officially been let go.

Edwards email:

Paul Hewitt Will Not Return For 2015-2016 Season
Dear Patriots:

I want to inform you of an important change made today regarding the George Mason University men’s basketball program. Paul Hewitt will not be returning to coach the final year of his five-year contract.

A decision like this is rarely easy. Paul is a great ambassador for college basketball, and he has been a strong advocate for Mason basketball. However, the university has high expectations for the program, and we just haven’t been competitive on the basketball court in recent years.

Mason has made a significant commitment to athletics – and particularly men’s basketball – when it joined the Atlantic 10. That will not change. I will begin the search immediately for our next coach. Let me assure you, we will find the right person who can take Mason basketball to the next level.

The right coach can certainly have a major impact on a program. But finding a new coach is only part of our strategy to build an elite basketball program, one that can compete among the best teams in the Atlantic 10 and nationally. We are looking beyond this coaching change and will be proposing broader solutions that invest in our program, upgrade our facilities and generate excitement in our community over the sport we all love.

Thank you for your support.

Brad EdwardsDirector of Athletics

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Brad Edwards is the f**king man. Never did TOC send out a letter saying he was focusing on "broader solutions that invest in our program" or "upgrade our facilities". I think Brad gets how rich this area is with money and possible big company donors...... I hope he goes after these companies for funds.

Now this is an Athletic Director who has a passion and vision. Buckle up boys..... good things are in store!!

Patriotfan49

Starter
Brad held that final meeting with Hewitt while wearing his big dick jeans and told him to gtfo and ride off into the sunset. Thank God it's over.....now the importance is nailing the coach selection.

Dawgs99

Starter
Gotta love the vision in that email. Whens the last time TOC mentioned our mens program and a vision to be "elite" in the same breath? Very excited about the direction of the athletics department under BDB's leadership.