2023-24 Schedule

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Dayton Flyers: UD has now won 10 in a row since losing to Houston in Charleston almost two months ago. The Flyers are likely to be favored in every game moving forward in the regular season, and it's a good sign their defense has picked it up in conference play. Dayton has held five opponents to below one point per possession all season, and three of these instances have come in their past three games, against Atlantic 10 competition."

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Dayton #21 in AP poll... #23 in Coaches

mail

GMU79

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Are those the same Tarheels we beat when it mattered most in 2006? (I know, I know, I'm living in the past, but it's all I got right now!)
Yep. Hansbrough's freshman year.
The one and only time I ever rooted against UNC.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
#21 Dayton 96 Rhode Island 62 F
Loyola Chicago 65 Fordham 61 F
Richmond 69 Davidson 64 F/OT
St. Joseph's 71 Duquesne 69 F

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
#21 Dayton 96 Rhode Island 62 F
Loyola Chicago 65 Fordham 61 F
Richmond 69 Davidson 64 F/OT
St. Joseph's 71 Duquesne 69 F
What's with Loyola? 5-1 and alone in 3d place and already 3-0 on the road. Yet Kenpom analytics has them no better than 9th best team in the league (ranked #120), but projects them to finish 11-7 in conference and ahead of 5 others projected at 10-8 including us.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
What's with Loyola? 5-1 and alone in 3d place and already 3-0 on the road. Yet Kenpom analytics has them no better than 9th best team in the league (ranked #120), but projects them to finish 11-7 in conference and ahead of 5 others projected at 10-8 including us.
They’ve mainly beaten teams that are or will likely be in the bottom of the league so far. They did beat SJU and UMASS, but it’s hard to say how good those two really are.

They’ve mainly beaten teams that are or will likely be in the bottom of the league so far. They did beat SJU and UMASS, but it’s hard to say how good those two really are.
Important to note that it was UMass w/o Matt Cross either. They've had a lotta luck so far this season (similar to Rhody's early three game run) and it does seem like a question of if not when for them.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I’ve kind of separated out the remaining A10 schedule into three tiers.

Tier 1: games we are likely to lose
Dayton
@UMass
@St. Joes
@Loyola-Chicago

Tier 2: tough games we can’t afford to lose
Richmond
GW
Loyola-Chicago
Duquesne

Tier 3: seed crushing games (aka games we will be pissed to lose)
URI
@Fordham
@Davidson
@URI

If the team is going to finish 12-6 or better (aka go 9-3 or better the rest of the way) they already can’t lose any games in tier 2 or 3 and steal a tier 1 win from someone. For every game they lose in tier 2 or 3 there is a diminishing opportunity to steal a tier 1 game to keep pace. I’m putting top 4 at 12-6, although with the way the season is going 4th place might finish 10-8.

We will find out very quickly if we even have a shot at this in our next 3 because we have a tier 3 URI on Saturday and then our next two are tier 1 games (@St. Joes, @UMass). Go 2-1 (or better) and they’ll be right on pace, lose to URI on homecoming and, well, you know the rest of that thought.