2023-24 Schedule

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Future scouting: Tulane getting blown out at the half at Miss St, 62-34 (not a typo!) on SEC network. Won't improve their NET!

As long as they are 79 or better by the end of the season, they can lose to Mississippi State by 50 for all I care.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Duquesne favored by 14.5 at home beat St. Peter's by 9.a

9 games on the Saturday slate with A10 favored in all but 2--Richmond vs Florida, and SLU vs Hofstra.
Pretty good night for the A10; 8-1 with only Richmond falling to Florida (by 11 which was about the spread). SLU --slight upset at home by 3 over Hofstra. Most of the rest were mid-teen to 20+ pt victories.

4 more games on Sunday, with the A10 underdogs in 3 of them. Highlight: undefeated Princeton (NET #10) at St. Joe's (NET #83).

Last edited:

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Unfortunately our OOC opponents did not fare well today, Charlotte blown out at Duke, ECU close loss to South Carolina, Tulane destroyed by Miss St.

Toledo survived against UNI, and SDSU picked up a solid road win at Wichita St.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This would have been a good year to play JMU. Those frauds need exposed.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I texted a few friends yesterday that of all years it would’ve been awesome to play them this year.

Hopefully we find a way to rekindle that matchup.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Now, I hate JMU as much as I hate vcu, but I will say, they have a good team. I was at the ODU/JMU game last night and saw them obliterate an overwhelmed ODU. (Note: Coach Jeff Jones has had some heath issues, so I can only believe that hurts recruiting, but they need better players.) JMU isn't huge, but they have some really good shooters. We could win, but it would be a tough matchup.

KAOriginal

All-American
I watched the JMU ODU game..just to see Madison.

They are legit. Top 25....maybe a stretch....but they can flat out play.

Made ODU look silly.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Pretty good night for the A10; 8-1 with only Richmond falling to Florida (by 11 which was about the spread). SLU --slight upset at home by 3 over Hofstra. Most of the rest were mid-teen to 20+ pt victories.

4 more games on Sunday, with the A10 underdogs in 3 of them. Highlight: undefeated Princeton (NET #10) at St. Joe's (NET #83).
St. Joes beat Princeton!

psyclone

Hall of Famer

4 more games on Sunday, with the A10 underdogs in 2 (edited from original post) of them. Highlight: undefeated Princeton (NET #10) at St. Joe's (NET #83).
St. Joe's (actually a 1.5 favorite at home) beats Princeton by 4!
Fordham wins at home vs N. Texas by 1.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
St. Joe's (actually a 1.5 favorite at home) beats Princeton by 4!
Fordham wins at home vs N. Texas by 1.
URI, a 10.5 underdog, loses by 15 to Charleston.
vcu wins by 28 at home vs Alcorn St.

So 3-1 for the day ...pretty good!

By Kenpom, we're a clear #8 conference over American Athletic Conference, but a long way from contending with the Mountain West for #7. Last year the conference was #10.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Great to see vcu handle a tough opponent in Alcorn State.
A sub 300 team is obvious what vcu needed to get a win on the court.

A tough Norfolk State team is just too much for them apparently.

(TBF, Norfolk State is 168 in the NET, and is half decent. But vcu should still never lose to a team like that, so I'm going to make jokes for those reading this and can't tell if I'm being funny).

GMU79

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
A sub 300 team is obvious what vcu needed to get a win on the court.

A tough Norfolk State team is just too much for them apparently.

(TBF, Norfolk State is 168 in the NET, and is half decent. But vcu should still never lose to a team like that, so I'm going to make jokes for those reading this and can't tell if I'm being funny).
Make all the jokes about vcu losing that you want!

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Being voted 4, 5, or 6 I get, but 9th? Who voted us 9th?

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Being voted 4, 5, or 6 I get, but 9th? Who voted us 9th?
Quick eyeball on the ratings matrix. The person who rated us 9th, rated GW 4th....about as favorably better than the mean rating for GW as their Mason rating was unfavorably worse than our mean. On the other hand, the GW ratings look to have more variability than anybody else --a few 3 and 4's and some in double digits.