2023-24 Schedule

FreeGunston12

All-American
The aqueduct?
All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Rams ever done for us?

But in all seriousness, if you root for vcu when they play ooc - why don't you just admit that you've been rooting for them for 12+ years to no benefit of ours? How many recruits and how much buzz have we lost to them in that time? Kinda makes you sound like the enemy.

Until we're GREAT, I won't root for vcu to be good. Let's hope this is the end to them being more respected in the basketball world than us. Let's hope they regret going outside of the havoc-tree.

GMU79

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Rams ever done for us?

But in all seriousness, if you root for vcu when they play ooc - why don't you just admit that you've been rooting for them for 12+ years to no benefit of ours? How many recruits and how much buzz have we lost to them in that time? Kinda makes you sound like the enemy.

Until we're GREAT, I won't root for vcu to be good. Let's hope this is the end to them being more respected in the basketball world than us. Let's hope they regret going outside of the havoc-tree.
RIGHT! ALWAYS the enemy!!

FreeGunston12

All-American
At-large bids in 2006 and 2011?
Oh sorry. I forgot that there certainly wouldn't've been a final four run in 2006 without vcu.

Give me a break.

Not to mention that we likely wouldn't've needed an at large bid in 2011 if we didn't lose to vcu in the conference tournament. In fact, they beat us in the CAA tournament every year I was a student at Mason. How many more tournaments appearances would we have had if they hadn't gotten in our way?

They need to fall from grace. That will be better for us than boosting some slim chance at an at large bid.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I would say this is true for the entirety of the A10 though doesn’t it? Why would Dayton or SLU get a pass and not vcu?

I’d also say we’ve lost more recruits to URI, St. Joes and even UMass than vcu.

FreeGunston12

All-American
I would say this is true for the entirety of the A10 though doesn’t it? Why would Dayton or SLU get a pass and not vcu?

I’d also say we’ve lost more recruits to URI, St. Joes and even UMass than vcu.
History. Location. General likeability. Choose 1 team in the A-10 to be bad. That team is?

FreeGunston12

All-American
Should vcu root for Mason to keep winning?

Hell no. We'll take this momentum and build this program back to relevance. We'll start beating them when it matters. We'll start outrecruiting them and forcing them to look at lesser players. We'll embarrass them time and time again. They should hope we fall back to the mediocrity of the last 12 years.

They shouldn't root for us and we shouldn't root for them.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
The very real delusions and entitlements I see from vcu fans, and then the subsequent outrage at refusing to buy in to their delusions and entitlements, makes me wish that vcu would lose every game from here until the end of time. I don't care if beating them drops our NET, I never want them to win. Back in the CAA they complained about how they deserved to be in the A10, these days they complain about how they deserve to be in the Big East. It's not going to stop until they're as repsected as Kansas, which they think they should be.

Most of my hatred is due to the CAA bending over backwards to make the conference tournament a home game for them for as long as possible, and then their fans acting like it wasn't a big deal that the games were played within walking distance of their home arena. Watching them lose to W&M in 2008 at the CAAT was a pleasure.

These negative feelings are compounded as Mason's athletic department played goofus to their gallant in the aftermath of the 2011 season and our own institutional shortcomings since. It's turned it into a lobsided affair that their fans don't even respect as a rivalry anymore, but the few victories we've mustered since then have been pretty sweet and you can tell it gets under their skin.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If you want to create this feeling/ narrative to make following Mason basketball more interesting, then hey, knock yourself out. Fans do it all the time to create a feeling of a rivalry and tribalism. there’s nothing wrong with that. Hell, even I get in on the bashing sometimes in jest.

I’ve been intimately involved with this program for 25 years but to me vcu is just another game.

The team I hate the most is the next team on the schedule.

f**k Loyola! I hate them! They’re so ugly and they smell funny! And I heard they have the highest cootie rate in the region. Eewwww Loyola ewwwww….

GMU79

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Should vcu root for Mason to keep winning?

Hell no. We'll take this momentum and build this program back to relevance. We'll start beating them when it matters. We'll start outrecruiting them and forcing them to look at lesser players. We'll embarrass them time and time again. They should hope we fall back to the mediocrity of the last 12 years.

They shouldn't root for us and we shouldn't root for them.
Well said!!!

GMU79

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The very real delusions and entitlements I see from vcu fans, and then the subsequent outrage at refusing to buy in to their delusions and entitlements, makes me wish that vcu would lose every game from here until the end of time. I don't care if beating them drops our NET, I never want them to win. Back in the CAA they complained about how they deserved to be in the A10, these days they complain about how they deserve to be in the Big East. It's not going to stop until they're as repsected as Kansas, which they think they should be.

Most of my hatred is due to the CAA bending over backwards to make the conference tournament a home game for them for as long as possible, and then their fans acting like it wasn't a big deal that the games were played within walking distance of their home arena. Watching them lose to W&M in 2008 at the CAAT was a pleasure.

These negative feelings are compounded as Mason's athletic department played goofus to their gallant in the aftermath of the 2011 season and our own institutional shortcomings since. It's turned it into a lobsided affair that their fans don't even respect as a rivalry anymore, but the few victories we've mustered since then have been pretty sweet and you can tell it gets under their skin.
Yes!!

Yossarian

Sixth Man
Speaking of schedules, I tried to do a quick lookup of ours online just now. Big fail, Google. Not impressed.

Attachments

• IMG_1858.jpeg
    IMG_1858.jpeg
    999.7 KB · Views: 158

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
You guys telling us to root for vcu (or against) in the out conference part of the season do realize that who we root for in the privacy of our own heads and homes doesn't impact the outcome, right? ;)

Now if you go to the games you might have some miniscule impact on the game. Similar for donating.
Please don't donate to vcu whether it is in conference or out of conference. Thank you for your cooperation!

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Duquesne favored by 14.5 at home beat St. Peter's by 9.a

9 games on the Saturday slate with A10 favored in all but 2--Richmond vs Florida, and SLU vs Hofstra.

Yossarian

Sixth Man
Speaking of schedules, I tried to do a quick lookup of ours online just now. Big fail, Google. Not impressed.

What search term did you use? I did a variety of "gmu mbb schedule" and got the right one every time.

What search term did you use? I did a variety of "gmu mbb schedule" and got the right one every time.
I typed ”gmu mens basketball”. Kinda figured that would be enough description to get me to the right links, but evidently I misspelled “Robert Morris University”. I will atone for my sin and apologize to my Google overlords.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Future scouting: Tulane getting blown out at the half at Miss St, 62-34 (not a typo!) on SEC network. Won't improve their NET!