2021 Recruiting

FreeGunston12

All-American
Let's see what happens with transfers at the end of the season. At this rate, there will be at least two scholarships available.

The coaching staff may be able to fill the front court void via transfers rather than high school players. Given the current trends, I'm assuming that any transfer will be available to play immediately next year. It's a different modus operandi for DP, but the new realities of college hoops will force him to adapt.
I'm just trying to imagine what type of transfer big we'd be in the market for and why we'd be anymore successful with getting a quality transfer big to commit than an incoming freshman big.

Historically it hasn't worked out well for Mason. I know it's a whole new world and all, but it's still a level playing field. When a player is a known quantity, it seems more of an advantage for the p5s. Mason will get the leftovers that are thought to not be worth significant minutes at a p5. And then they'll still have to win the recruiting battle against other mid-majors.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s been like that for 2 years. Nothing on our front in thinking that is an option. I just don’t see it happening

The NCAA has not been passing out waivers like candy until this year. Now you don’t have to limit yourself to grad transfers if you need someone who can play right away — it’s literally a whole new world with even undergrads able to transfer without a sit-out year.

Let’s see what happens.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm just trying to imagine what type of transfer big we'd be in the market for and why we'd be anymore successful with getting a quality transfer big to commit than an incoming freshman big.

Historically it hasn't worked out well for Mason. I know it's a whole new world and all, but it's still a level playing field. When a player is a known quantity, it seems more of an advantage for the p5s. Mason will get the leftovers that are thought to not be worth significant minutes at a p5. And then they'll still have to win the recruiting battle against other mid-majors.

There’s zero reason why we couldn’t land a decent rotation big like Gasperini from AU to come off the bench and play 12-15 minutes.

Given we’re losing 4 seniors, we could use somebody with a little more experience.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Let's see what happens with transfers at the end of the season. At this rate, there will be at least two scholarships available.

The coaching staff may be able to fill the front court void via transfers rather than high school players. Given the current trends, I'm assuming that any transfer will be available to play immediately next year. It's a different modus operandi for DP, but the new realities of college hoops will force him to adapt.

Normally I give Dave and you the benefit of the doubt but I'm not going to hold my breath for any transfers. We can all count on one hand the number of transfers that we are aware that Mason reached out to over the past several years as the landscape has changed. Granted that isn't probably all inclusive, but I suspect if Mason was close with one we would have potentially heard about it. I for one have said over the past year to year and a half that he needs to adjust and start looking to add 1 or 2 especially as classes become heavily uneven.

Expecting for Dave to wake up and decide to hit the transfer market is not what I would expect at all especially after the Reuter debacle. He is who he is and I suspect he will continue to focus on 4 year players.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
How likely is it that Paulsen goes into next season as a lame duck? Personally, I don't see it. Bradley is going to have to extend or cut bait.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How likely is it that Paulsen goes into next season as a lame duck? Personally, I don't see it. Bradley is going to have to extend or cut bait.
they are going to be just good enough this year he gets an extension because Brad may be more inept that Paulsen in the grand scheme of things

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Also this discussion should probably be moved to one of the 50 other threads where we discuss the coach’s future — can’t imagine that’s helpful for recruiting.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I think both will be on the chopping block. BE just tackled the low hanging fruit. Everything is underwhelming to me

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Yup looks like a typical DP recruit. Unimpressive list of offers and once scored a lot of points in a game no one cared about.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200922-091515.jpg
    Screenshot_20200922-091515.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 261

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Thanks for posting- I haven't watched the full video yet but its another video where it looks like the kid has good shooting range. I just haven't seen a clip of him taking the ball to the basket in traffic or anything. My guess is he's probably pretty good at it.

Otherwise I see the good length and athleticism, and shooting range that all makes him a potential fit for the A10. My only concern is all the "interest" and backing away. Some of that might just be better talent, but I hope none of it was because of a red flag on him.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thanks for posting- I haven't watched the full video yet but its another video where it looks like the kid has good shooting range. I just haven't seen a clip of him taking the ball to the basket in traffic or anything. My guess is he's probably pretty good at it.

Otherwise I see the good length and athleticism, and shooting range that all makes him a potential fit for the A10. My only concern is all the "interest" and backing away. Some of that might just be better talent, but I hope none of it was because of a red flag on him.
counted 45 interested with 13 offers per the article and Verbal Commits/247. New Mexico offered so that is better than who we normally go up against.