2021 Recruiting

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Unless he’s scared off by Polite and Kolek (unlikely), I like our chances with Reynolds. We’ve been on him a long time. He’d be the first 4-star signed by this staff.

I'm hoping too. Him and Darius have been targets for a long time, but I have no idea if they are possible. Even just getting Reynolds would be a big big win for the program.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If he really is 6-9 and can shoot the 3 like he did in that video, there’s gotta be some reason he doesn’t have a slew of offers. Those guys don’t grow on trees.

I just rewatched the video.

I'm sold. Sign the kid up. I have to think he didn't get noticed because of where he plays?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Is there a site that shows all of our current offers in one spot?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Way better than Holton tweeting at kids we offered thinking that meant they committed lol

Haha true- either way its nice to see the school Presidents engaged and being inviting to recruits for our main sport. Certainly can't hurt.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I have looked back as far as the 2002-2003 season and have not seen any results against Howard. Got bored and stopped there.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Looks like DP wants to recreate the Hewitt all 6'5" - 6'7" lineup! That worked wonders for the program. :bricks:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks like DP wants to recreate the Hewitt all 6'5" - 6'7" lineup! That worked wonders for the program. :bricks:

ahem it was 6’6 to 6’8 okay? :crazytongue:

That being said, it’s obvious dave and co keep going after athleticism and interchangeable parts from the 2-4 spots.

I suspect this guy would fit at the 2 or the 3.

I have to look at what the roster would be, but I suspect Watson would fit with or next to Frazier. He’s definitely athletic.

the competition in the video didn’t look great to me. I’d probably have to find another one to take a different look.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
ahem it was 6’6 to 6’8 okay? :crazytongue:

That being said, it’s obvious dave and co keep going after athleticism and interchangeable parts from the 2-4 spots.

I suspect this guy would fit at the 2 or the 3.

I have to look at what the roster would be, but I suspect Watson would fit with or next to Frazier. He’s definitely athletic.

the competition in the video didn’t look great to me. I’d probably have to find another one to take a different look.

Lol how many tweeners do we have to have on the roster before some of y'all start recognizing roster/scholarship mismanagement? It didn't take this long to see what was happening when other coaches did it.

Without signing any of the dozens of other 3's we have offered for 21, we'll have the following on the roster: Miller, Dady, Gadsden, Frazier all playing 1 and a half positions. That's roughly 60 minutes to divide up between what will be a senior, junior, sophomore and freshman. This is asinine to keep going after these types of players.

BuT wHy Do AlL oUr PlAyErS tRaNsFeR?!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
On a roll!!!!!! LOL

Always! haha.

Lol how many tweeners do we have to have on the roster before some of y'all start recognizing roster/scholarship mismanagement? It didn't take this long to see what was happening when other coaches did it.

Without signing any of the dozens of other 3's we have offered for 21, we'll have the following on the roster: Miller, Dady, Gadsden, Frazier all playing 1 and a half positions. That's roughly 60 minutes to divide up between what will be a senior, junior, sophomore and freshman. This is asinine to keep going after these types of players.

BuT wHy Do AlL oUr PlAyErS tRaNsFeR?!

It is definitely concerning and I don't know how or where a guy like Watson would fit. Maybe someone can help me and @tblack33 understand.

My thoughts all along for 2021 was that with the 4 scholarships available, you would get another big, a best available point guard, and another guard to supplement Gadsden. I guess Watson would be the guard to help out at more of the 2, even though we have a lot of players who can play that 2/3 spot like you mentioned.

They obviously filled the athletic wing with Gadsden, and I'd like to see the point guard (Darius/Erik Reynolds) and the big (Castro or the other 6'9 guy they offered) spots filled out first since I think those are more critical.

Lets hope theres a method to the madness.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Always! haha.

It is definitely concerning and I don't know how or where a guy like Watson would fit. Maybe someone can help me and @tblack33 understand.

My thoughts all along for 2021 was that with the 4 scholarships available, you would get another big, a best available point guard, and another guard to supplement Gadsden. I guess Watson would be the guard to help out at more of the 2, even though we have a lot of players who can play that 2/3 spot like you mentioned.

They obviously filled the athletic wing with Gadsden, and I'd like to see the point guard (Darius/Erik Reynolds) and the big (Castro or the other 6'9 guy they offered) spots filled out first since I think those are more critical.

Lets hope theres a method to the madness.

Agree with all, we absolutely have to sign a legit big man in this class. I am genuinely curious for the rationale from someone who looks at this and either doesn't see a problem / understands what the plan is here because I'm just not seeing it.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Agree with all, we absolutely have to sign a legit big man in this class. I am genuinely curious for the rationale from someone who looks at this and either doesn't see a problem / understands what the plan is here because I'm just not seeing it.

I think they are after a legit big man, they just offered the 6'9 kid from DC who URI also offered. They also were after that JUCO too.

Watson probably is just an athletic depth piece. If its a position that the A-10 definitely recruits well its that athletic guard spot, so I'm sure they would find a way for him to fit in.

I am still surprised they did it but I'm just a fan not a coach haha.