Where Are They Now?

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Moore_Marquise.jpg

Marquise Moore (ex Imortal) joins Spars Realway Sarajevo (Bosnia - Division 1).

"Moore played last season at Imortal in Portuguese Liga Betclic. In 24 games he was league's second best scorer with impressive 19.0ppg and averaged 7.6rpg, 5.8apg (top 2) and 1.3spg. He helped them to make it to the cup final. Good season as he was named League Player of the Week (4 times)."

Last edited:
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Unicaja Malaga (Liga Endesa) re-signed experienced 37-year old American (has also Georgian passport) 203cm forward Will Thomas (college: GMU) for new season. Thomas played there last season. In 40 Liga Endesa games he averaged 5.1ppg and 2.6rpg. He helped them to make it to the semifinals. Thomas also played 18 games in Basketball Champions League where he had 5.5ppg, 3.3rpg and 1.2apg."

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Eurobasket.com All-Hungarian League Awards 2023 - June 4, 2023

Honorable Mention

USA
Erik Copes (203-F-1993) of Hubner NBS

"The University of Kentucky, for example, has a $2.3 million recruiting budget for its men's teams, per Department of Education data. In contrast, Morehead State -- an hour outside Lexington -- spends $111,000 annually.

Kansas, which won the 2022 national championship and recently added Michigan transfer Hunter Dickinson, pays $20,000 a month to private charter service WheelsUp for head coach Bill Self to use for personal and business use, including recruiting trips. At Michigan State, Tom Izzo has had access to private jets for recruiting since 2010, when he signed an extension following back-to-back Final Four trips. Houston head coach Kelvin Sampson's contract includes a clause for "use of charter flights for regular season and tournament games and for recruiting trips," per the Houston Chronicle.

And earlier this month, Florida State's booster club, the Seminole Boosters, agreed to pay $9 million to buy two planes the athletic department will be allowed to use, per the Tallahassee Democrat.

Wealthy boosters can also lend their planes to coaches for recruiting needs, such as former Iowa representative Steve Sukup, who has loaned his private plane (and pilot) out to Iowa State coaches on recruiting trips in previous years."

"But the differences extend beyond the amount of cash each school has to use in recruiting. The complexities of the transfer portal further complicate the job for non-Power 5 coaches, who try to add more talent each offseason without losing their best players to bigger, richer programs.

'What the NCAA has done is it has turned us into general managers, instead of basketball coaches,' said North Carolina Central head coach LeVelle Moton. 'We've got to assemble a roster every single year. It's hard for us, being at this level, because now, with all that said, we haven't even spoken about NIL. The one thing I've learned is that you can't out-recruit money.'"

"JIM LARRANAGA STILL THINKS
about the days when he never slept.

As the head coach at Bowling Green (1986-1997), he once stayed on the road for 24 hours to save cash.

On one trip to New York, he left with an assistant at 6 p.m., drove through the night, slept at a rest stop and attended a tournament. He then met with a local recruit and attended other games in the area before making the eight-hour drive back to Bowling Green.

'Our recruiting budget was $13,000,' he said. 'So I told the coaches, 'You don't spend any night at a hotel." Wherever you go, you drive back. We used $13,000 as gas money.'

Today, Larranaga leads a Miami team with a much larger budget. More importantly, he has showcased the potential of recruiting in the NIL era, with a run to the Elite Eight in 2022 and the school's first Final Four trip in April."

"Ovarense Gavex (Liga Betclic) inked 28-year-old American 201cm power forward Jalen Jenkins (college: GMU, agency: Players Group) for the upcoming season. The last time (2021) he played at Imortal in Portuguese Liga Betclic. Jenkins missed the last two seasons and had a longer break from professional basketball.

He is a very experienced player. Jenkins has played also professionally in Belgium (Limburg United), Bulgaria (Rilski), Germany (s Oliver Baskets), Iceland (KR Reykjavik), and Sweden (Uppsala).

Among many awards, his team made it to the League Semifinals in 2021. He was voted to Eurobasket.com All-Bulgarian League Honorable Mention back in 2019.

Jenkins graduated from George Mason University in 2017 and it will be his seventh season in pro basketball."

"Despite playing his last professional season in 2021-2022, why did it take so long for him to announce his retirement? 'I ruptured my patellar. After rehab my doctor and I ultimately decided that physically it wasn't the best idea to push the knee again', said Mike Morrison who now enjoys watching the game and training his kids. He retired at age 33 which is a good age to come to terms with starting life after basketball."

View: https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1697658831667425449

Jon Rothstein

@JonRothstein

Sources: As of today, the NCAA has only approved 18% of waivers for two-time transfers in all sports who attempted to earn immediate eligibility during the 2023-24 academic year.

Portuguese Men National Team 2023​

Daniel Relvao
Relvao

Russia_logoVTB-United-League.jpg

N.Novgorod signs Bryon Allen, ex Manati - August 28, 2023

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"NEW ORLEANS — Xavier University of Louisiana's Pat Kendrick, interim leader of athletics and recreation since January, will continue in that role in the 2023-24 academic year without the interim designation.

In a Thursday email to athletics staff, XULA Vice President Curtis Wright said that Kendrick 'has been promoted to permanent Executive Director of Athletics and Recreation, effective July 1, 2023. Coach Kendrick's leadership over the last six months has been nothing less than spectacular, and I look forward to working alongside her as we continue to grow our athletic footprint.'

Kendrick also will remain as head coach of women's volleyball — 2023 will be her seventh with the Gold Nuggets — and that staff will grow this season with the hiring of a second full-time assistant."

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Leuven also landed 24-year old American 193cm guard Victor Bailey Jr (193-G-1998, college: GMU) for upcoming season.

He graduated from George Mason University in 2023 and it is his first season in pro basketball. Bailey Jr played also for University of Tennessee for 2.

Bailey started his college career at the University of Oregon.

At George Mason he averaged 11.8ppg and 3.2rpg."

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Peter Oduro

12 Peter Oduro
  • Height:6'8
  • Year:So
  • Hometown:Loudon, VA
  • Position:F
I wish him the best of luck to him, but I don't get it.
This is not a Division I program.
So, what does playing on this BBall team do for you?
Can you get a decent job with a degree from this school?
I'd rather stay at GMU and get a good education and play intramurals.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Weird take.

The kid wants to get an education AND keep playing college basketball. He can accomplish both at this school, good for him.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Odessa College is a junior college. So, expect him to be there just 1 year as he uses his second year of eligibility.

Masonfan3

Starter
Weird take.

The kid wants to get an education AND keep playing college basketball. He can accomplish both at this school, good for him.
Odessa also made it to the Elite 8 of the NJCAA D1 tournament last year. While it may not be D1 basketball, it is a solid program that he is going to.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Deandre Abram (ex Apollon) joins Yamaguchi - September 5, 2023

Rostock tabs Eric Lockett, ex Nymburk - July 6, 2023

Mouhamed Lamine Mbaye (#4), Center, First Year, National Chengchi University (NCCU) Griffins

Gabe Norwood is a columnist for the Philippine edition of NBA.com - https://nba.smart.com.ph/articles/author/1145/gabe-norwood

Al Hilla inks Ahmad Gilbert - August 2, 2023

"Gilbert graduated from Saint Thomas University in 2020 and it will be his fourth season as a professional player. He played also for Rider University for 2 years."

Gilbert actually played 2 years for Minnesota, 1 year for Rider, and 1 year for NAIA Saint Thomas after decommiting from Mason.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Jemel Buck​

Co-Founder & CEO

Organisations

United Through Sport
Non-profit / NGO

MESA Sports Academy
Private Sector