Ways the team is being promoted or marketed in the community

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
A long time ago a young man named Andy Ruge thought to bring a primate to the Old Dominion game. The result was 2006.

We can do the same again. Exotic animals. A basset hound race. Carnies who live and work in K Lot. Wrestling style pyrotechnics.

Let's (you) do this. (Not me, I already have four jobs)
Aren't the Carnies currently in Richmond learning their trade?

jkh1978

Recruit
This thread has convinced me that not having season tickets is the way to go. I don't know what happens in the gold room, but I see when I get to a game early, that line forms quickly and long. I heard the coach talk wasn't specific and the room loud, but if that's going away then I really do not see the benefit of the gold room. I check social media and take them up on half off offers most of the season. For Christmas, my wife thought she was doing me a favor getting the ten pack of tickets, but then often was sat basically in the away section. If people are not going to turn out and support this team, they will keep needing to offer some deals. Even the deals they mess up though. Two years ago I bought two games with two t-shirts for twenty dollars, and they only gave me one small t-shirt. I don't really trust the organization with season ticket type of money.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This thread has convinced me that not having season tickets is the way to go. I don't know what happens in the gold room, but I see when I get to a game early, that line forms quickly and long. I heard the coach talk wasn't specific and the room loud, but if that's going away then I really do not see the benefit of the gold room. I check social media and take them up on half off offers most of the season. For Christmas, my wife thought she was doing me a favor getting the ten pack of tickets, but then often was sat basically in the away section. If people are not going to turn out and support this team, they will keep needing to offer some deals. Even the deals they mess up though. Two years ago I bought two games with two t-shirts for twenty dollars, and they only gave me one small t-shirt. I don't really trust the organization with season ticket type of money.
I graduated from 4 times from 3 universities and if I lived in any of those cities, I would not buy season tickets to any of their athletic programs.
Instead, i have been buying mini packs and single games tix to see the local games i want and paying $25/game or less.

You can buy GMU 10 game vouchers for $405, $205, or $105 (last year's pricing) depending upon where you want to sit. You choose seats after STH have chosen theirs

GMU
last season i bought a 10-voucher pack for $105 and a single exhibition game ticket for $10.
I then give $100 a year - split between Mason Hoops, Men's BBall, Women's BBall, Green Machine and Emerald Desire.
Costs works out to be about to be $20-$21 per game

Georgetown
I have had partial season tix since I moved here in 1996.
Cost is $199 for 10 vouchers, maximum of 4 vouchers per game.
Masonfanatic came with me to last year's Providence-Georgetown Game,
and a $100 donation to the Men's BBall team guarantees me lower level tickets, some meet the team/free lunch or BBQ deals, opportunity for some road game trips, option to purchased Big East Tournament Tix and maybe most importantly
the right to buy 8 NCAA Tournament tix when Georgetown Hosts Rounds 1 & 2 and the Regionals, which will be next year.

I understand a donation of $20k will get you an invite to practice
Average cost $25/ticket

GWU
GWU is probably the best deal in the area
Season Tix were $100 but i gave them up after the program went downhill after Longeran was fired.
Decent seats work out to $9/game plus a $5 roundtrip metro ride on the weekend or $9.25 roundtrip on weeknights.

I did give $100 per year to the program when i was a STH. That got me practice invites, a team diner, invite to the reunion bball game, some away game offers, A-10 Tourney tix and NIT tix.
Since tix were so cheap the guy who sat next to me had 2 season tix, so i buy one of his seats for the games I want to see, and the option for both seats which the time conflicts with the Caps as he is a Caps STH

Howard
OOC Men's games are $25 and MEAC doubleheaders - Men and Women's games are $30. I am now a senior citizen so I get a 50% discount on those prices. Traffic can be bad to get to that part of town and parking is hit or miss. I try for the weekend games and key weeknight games.

Morgan State
Back in 88 when i finished at Stanford Grad School I joined the faculty of the then brand new Engineering School at Morgan State. I try to check out some Saturday games usually followed by an 8 pm play at one of the Baltimore theaters or group dinners with friends who live between Columbia and Baltimore. Oct 5 i plan on the Morgan State Homecoming Football Game followed by an August Wilson play at Cheasapeake Theater Company in Downtown Baltimore.
Senior citizen tickets are $20.

Coppin State
I Iived in Baltimore from 88-95. This was at the time that the Coppin State BBall program was dominant in a much better than today's MEAC. Unfortunately, the area around the gym was rough - to say the least. Weekend games were scheduled to end before sundown. For parking there were bus pickups from various parts of the city and the University paid Mondawmin Mall to let game attendees park there with police patrolling that lot. As with MSU I go at least once a year - a weekend 2 pm game followed by an 8 pm play or vice versa.
i think I told you guys the story about now fired head coach Juan Dixon and Robyn Dixon, Housewives of Potomac Star. Robyn's mother was on the faculty of the Morgan State Business School when I was in the Engineering School. Her Dad is/was a prominent Dentist in Baltimore who graduated from Howard Dental School. I sit behind the visitors bench at most Howard games so they would see me and we would sit to together for the yearly Coppin at Howard game. They would sit behind the home bench at Coppin Home Games and that section was always crowded.
Senior citizen tix are $20.

This season i plan on attending a Galludet, Catholic, UDC, UMBC and Towson game.

OP

2011WinOverVillanova

Role Player
IMG_5582.jpeg