PROVIDENCE UPDATE

psyclone

Hall of Famer
If I was a betting man, I'd put money on this being his last stop in college coaching.
He didn't say retire
Although losing his best player this year will likely result in a disappointing season, he appears to be getting good recruits. So the future isn't so glum as you infer. Will still be in demand, I would think. Current mizzou coach is struggling a bit (8-9, 0-4 in SEC). Hugely popular alum there so I would expect that Kim will be on their short list the next time they are looking for a coach.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Although losing his best player this year will likely result in a disappointing season, he appears to be getting good recruits. So the future isn't so glum as you infer. Will still be in demand, I would think. Current mizzou coach is struggling a bit (8-9, 0-4 in SEC). Hugely popular alum there so I would expect that Kim will be on their short list the next time they are looking for a coach.
I wasn't, and I don't think Verdad was, being glum.

Mizzou would be a pay cut for Kim.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Sorry for misinterpreting your post.

For the record, Dennis Gates, current Mizzou coach is making $4 M/yr. https://www.google.com/search?q=den...E1Njc3ajBqN6gCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Cooley in his last year at Providence was getting just a hair below that. I couldn't find Kim's current salary on a quick google search.
I missed that Gates got the extension/raise. I believe Kim is at 3.5 +/-. There aren't that many jobs that would be a significant raise for him since he is borderline top 25 in pay. Regardless, I don't think pay is his primary motivator, particularly, given where he is already at.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Providence College men's basketball team defeated the Seton Hall Pirates (13-7, 6-3 BIG EAST), 67-63, on Wednesday, Jan. 24 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The Friars improved to 13-6 overall and 4-4 in BIG EAST play. Graduate student Ticket Gaines (Buffalo, N.Y.) led the Friars offensively with 17 points shooting 6-8 from the field and 5-7 from three. Graduate Josh Oduro (Gainesville, Va.) aided the team with eight rebounds, two assists and 16 points on the night."

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

"PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Providence College men's basketball team defeated the Seton Hall Pirates (13-7, 6-3 BIG EAST), 67-63, on Wednesday, Jan. 24 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The Friars improved to 13-6 overall and 4-4 in BIG EAST play. Graduate student Ticket Gaines (Buffalo, N.Y.) led the Friars offensively with 17 points shooting 6-8 from the field and 5-7 from three. Graduate Josh Oduro (Gainesville, Va.) aided the team with eight rebounds, two assists and 16 points on the night."
Miami was George Mason south last two years, now Providence is George Mason north

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Miami was George Mason south last two years, now Providence is George Mason north

Miami only had 1 former player, though, Providence basically has 4 (counting Barron in there because he would be here if English stayed, and obviously Fernandez even though he’s missing the season). It really is George Mason north right now.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Miami only had 1 former player, though, Providence basically has 4 (counting Barron in there because he would be here if English stayed, and obviously Fernandez even though he’s missing the season). It really is George Mason north right now.
Miami had 1 former player and several former coaches