OT - US Olympic Basketball

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

I don't want to post any men's basketball spoilers.

lol. Well it wasn’t close, I’ll say that.

US women’s soccer made the Gold Medal game. They play Brazil who shocked Spain (World Cup winners) 4-2.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
US beats Brazil 122-87 to advance to the semis. We will play Serbia once again on Thursday, August 8 at 3PM. We beat them 105-79 in an exhibition on July 17. We beat them again in group play 110-84 on July 28.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"PARIS (AP) — Kevin Durant stands alone in U.S. Olympic basketball scoring history.

Durant is now the career leader in points for the U.S. in Olympic competition, passing Lisa Leslie for the mark during the Americans’ quarterfinal game against Brazil on Tuesday.

Durant’s basket with 3:06 left in the third quarter gave him six points in the game and 489 in his four Olympic appearances. Leslie finished her four Olympic appearances with 488 points and four gold medals.

He finished with 11 points, so the new record is 494 — and counting.

'Records are meant to be broken,' Durant said. 'Somebody will come along to do the same. I’m focused on trying to win this gold.'

Durant is bidding to become the first men’s player in Olympic history with four golds after being part of the U.S. teams that won titles at London 2012, Rio de Janeiro 2016 and the Tokyo Games that were held three years ago."

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Holy sh&t. Down 76-63 at the end of the 3rd and we came back to win 95-91. If we played defense for 40 minutes instead of just the last 10 we win going away. Without Steph we'd have lost by 25 or 30. Big time game Saturday against France for the Gold.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Holy sh&t. Down 76-63 at the end of the 3rd and we came back to win 95-91. If we played defense for 40 minutes instead of just the last 10 we win going away. Without Steph we'd have lost by 25 or 30. Big time game Saturday against France for the Gold.
A good lesson in there on not gambling defensively.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Thank you for the Gold Medal Steph Curry. 4 three pointers in basically the last 2 minutes seals the deal for the US. 17-26 from 3 over the semi and final. Greatest shooter in history!!!!!!

Even better than my performance in the 1982 intramural final. ;)

Last edited: