OT - US Olympic Basketball

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Excellent. I hope there is a bronze at least in the future for the men's soccer team.
I doubt it but we might have gotten lucky since we were paired with group B and Morocco finished first ahead of Argentina. Not going to be an easy match at all but I’d rather take my chances with them in a one-off match.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
US beats South Sudan 103-86 to advance to the knockout round. The game Saturday against Puerto Rico is now meaningless except for seeding purposes. A decent effort for 30 minutes but there is no way in Hell this team deserves any comparison to the 92 Dream Team. My 2 cents and I'm sticking with it.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I doubt it but we might have gotten lucky since we were paired with group B and Morocco finished first ahead of Argentina. Not going to be an easy match at all but I’d rather take my chances with them in a one-off match.

Well i was wrong about the US having a shot against Morocco. They lost 4-0 and are out.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Knockout round - Quarterfinal action.
Tuesday, August 6.
US vs Brazil at 3:30PM on NBC.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Spain-France Gold Medal game. Kudos to Morrocco and Egypt for fighting hard.

I suppose we are just using this as an Olympics thread. The women are playing in the semis tomorrow against a team they destroyed in the opening round. Will be interesting to see how Germany adjusts to make the game harder for the U.S.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Sorry about that! My bad. USA-Germany was a solid match. Definitely on the edge of my seat for most of it.

United States vs Brazil seems to be a popular match up this Olympics.

Last edited:

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

I don't want to post any men's basketball spoilers.