OT: Conference Realignment

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Simple solution to this.

Hack into his computer(s) - get his internet search history, pictures and photos from his college years and any spicy text messages from his google/icloud account and prepare a nice dossier.

Meet him in a park somewhere and mention you have some things that might be valuable about him.

Watch those donations roll in.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Rumor mill starting to swirl around Charleston to A-10 this weekend...
i saw responses but couldn't find an "official" link

if i were king I'd keep the 10 best teams in the A-10, kick the other 5 out
and become the next version of the Big East

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
i saw responses but couldn't find an "official" link

if i were king I'd keep the 10 best teams in the A-10, kick the other 5 out
and become the next version of the Big East
In your scenario, Mason could potentially be on the outside looking in.

16 teams is too many for a 1-bid league, but part of the thought is that this will protect the A-10 in case some of the upper tier programs get poached. Charleston is a good program and a great destination. Like Loyola, this would a solid addition.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
A10 has to protect itself especially if Umass or whatever programs are looking to bounce/be invited elsewhere.

Mason has absolutely nowhere to go. No football. Have to hope the A10 doesn't get watered down too much. The best bet is to go get a school like a CofC at this juncture.

A10 needs to go after Charleston for sure 100% and maybe even William and Mary who is vastly upgrading their basketball facilities.

Davidson needs some southern rivals.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
A10 needs to go after Charleston for sure 100% and maybe even William and Mary who is vastly upgrading their basketball facilities.

Davidson needs some southern rivals.

Is Charleston closer to Davidson, NC than Richmond? I guess they are slightly closer (about 40 miles).

No to W&M.

If UMass leaves who cares? It’s Dayton, SLU, and maybe vcu we have to worry about. If all 4 of those teams leave you’ve lopped off the top of the conference and are left with 11–Charleston as the 12th makes some sense at that point.

I’d rather see WSU and Temple (come back), but Temple has a football problem and we don’t need another football school half in/half out. If Temple said screw football, I’d be all in for them to come back to the A10.

Lol William and Mary was 316 in NET ranking last year, they barely belonged in the CAA let alone the A10.
Just to make you Lol some more, I would take W&M hands down over GMU in ALL sports sans maybe Men's Basketball. You referenced a net ranking....Mason men's basketball hasn't sniffed a tournament bid since 2011. That's a fact.

The A10 Council of Presidents care more about Academics than anything. Both W@M and CofC have very good law schools. Heck, at this point, UNCW could be an interesting school to add as well if we are looking to expand south.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Just to make you Lol some more, I would take W&M hands down over GMU in ALL sports sans maybe Men's Basketball. You referenced a net ranking....Mason men's basketball hasn't sniffed a tournament bid since 2011. That's a fact.

The A10 Council of Presidents care more about Academics than anything. Both W@M and CofC have very good law schools. Heck, at this point, UNCW could be an interesting school to add as well if we are looking to expand south.
If you want to go back to the CAA just say that, but nothing else you are saying makes any logical sense whatsoever.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
There are 4 original D-I schools that have never played in the NCAA men's basketball tourney: Army, St. Francis of Brooklyn, William and Mary, and the Citadel.

Army was actually offered an at-large bid, but Bobby Knight declined the invite because he believed that his team had a better chance of winning the NIT. St. Francis of Brooklyn eliminated its entire athletics program at the end of 2022-23 season.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I'd welcome College of Charleston if it happens. I beieve us, UMass and vcu are the only public schools in the conference. With both of the others as flight risks, I'd like to make certain we are not left as the only public school in the conference.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'd welcome College of Charleston if it happens. I beieve us, UMass and vcu are the only public schools in the conference. With both of the others as flight risks, I'd like to make certain we are not left as the only public school in the conference.
What is the concern over public vs private/how is it relevant to the makeup of the conference? Genuinely asking

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
And URI

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Not sure that makes sense since we have had success in A10 championships in our other sports to a degree that beats W&M non-basketball sports. I don't see W&M being a good fit for the A-10.