Bahamas Trip Cancelled

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Good lord this is embarrassing. I was skeptical about this trip because of the reputation of the Bahamas (think Fyre Festival ) but didn’t say anything. Can’t believe we didn’t go somewhere more established like Spain or Italy or Greece or something.
Fair pt. So absurd and embarrassing.

But Tony didn’t want to do a long trip and URI somehow made it to the Bahamas without being scammed.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How do you not ask the organizers where the E-tickets/paper tickets are weeks before? And hotel confirmations.

I’m not sure how big group tickets would work but I assume unless this was meant to be a private charter that they’d be getting emails from the airline leading up to the flight, no?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
so was it the travel agency who screwed us?

In so many words, yes.
How do you not ask the organizers where the E-tickets/paper tickets are weeks before? And hotel confirmations.
I get nervous if I don’t get an email confirmation for takeout or anything I order within 5 minutes. How you go months without it is beyond me

Did bob sacamano tell you?

Screen Shot 2024-08-09 at 12.55.44 PM.png

That's probably a picture of this VII Group's Accounting Department.

GunstonsGhost

Preferred Walk-On
This is ridiculous. At first I thought this was somehow related to the hurricane, but apparently it's gross incompetence? I can only imagine the team morale right now, especially the transfers. I'm sure they're questioning their decision to bet their future on Mason. Hopefully there is some way to get in another tournament or something equivalent, but I'd have to guess these things take a while to organize and there isn't much time before practices start.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m not sure how big group tickets would work but I assume unless this was meant to be a private charter that they’d be getting emails from the airline leading up to the flight, no?
I believe they would have been taking a private charter for something like that. So that may explain that part. But yes. This does stretch plausibility, unless we were fed fake documents or something.