Bahamas Trip Cancelled

JC_FoodcourtBandit

Preferred Walk-On
Any word on if we are able to watch these games?

Attachments

• IMG_2337.jpeg
    IMG_2337.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 44,833

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason will not be playing basketball or doing a trip in the Bahamas. That is all. Sounds like we got scammed. I don’t have the energy to type out since I’m battling a fever.

Someone can elaborate more if they’d like. But it’s already out there on what happened so we might as well talk about it.

Plink833

Preferred Walk-On
Mason will not be playing basketball or doing a trip in the Bahamas. That is all. Sounds like we got scammed. I don’t have the energy to type out since I’m battling a fever.

Someone can elaborate more if they’d like. But it’s already out there on what happened so we might as well talk about it.
they have no one to blame but themselves. who shows up at an airport and continues to make payments without airfare confirmation? have any of us ever showed up at an airport for a trip not knowing what flight we were on or what hotel we were staying at?

yes we got scammed but this is on Marvin Lewis and the AD for allowing this to happen. I imagine the Commonwealth is going to have a lot of questions about what happened to its money and who all was involved. This is very, very, bad.

OP
J

JC_FoodcourtBandit

Preferred Walk-On

Feel like you’re trying to pull a fast one, it’s not April 1st. Been looking forward to this trip all offseason

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
they have no one to blame but themselves. who shows up at an airport and continues to make payments without airfare confirmation? have any of us ever showed up at an airport for a trip not knowing what flight we were on or what hotel we were staying at?

yes we got scammed but this is on Marvin Lewis and the AD for allowing this to happen. I imagine the Commonwealth is going to have a lot of questions about what happened to its money and who all was involved. This is very, very, bad.
Welcome back to the boards my friend. Good to see you on here.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
They are just kidding!

In all honesty, I have the links to watch the Bahama games, so if anyone is interested just Venmo me $19.99 and I’ll shoot you the web address/passwords. Also shoot me the street you grew up on, childhood best friend and school you attended for elementary.
FTFY :ROFLMAO:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
In all seriousness, the ineptitude from this is something that can hurt recruiting for years. Going head to head with a school and they casually mention the time Mason players went to the airport for an international trip and there were no plane tickets.

Just called athletics: “Due to unforeseen travel complications. They did not make it”. I pressed them saying the fan base wants transparency on this. They said that’s all they have at this time. They asked who I was: I said I’m an alumni and told them “go on the Mason hoops forum and we’re worried” before hanging up.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Good lord this is embarrassing. I was skeptical about this trip because of the reputation of the Bahamas (think Fyre Festival ) but didn’t say anything. Can’t believe we didn’t go somewhere more established like Spain or Italy or Greece or something.