2025 Recruiting

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
How quickly things change. We used to be really focused on commitments of high school recruits and with the portal now ruling the day, the amount of focus on high school commitments is almost back page news. I wonder how the high school seniors feel? I would imagine it would make many of them uncomfortable. The really good guys will always get a home and be coveted but the other tiers of players are now competing with hundreds if not thousands of additional players.
I can interpret your post in different ways. In one way of interpreting it, you seem to be implying that fewer high school students will land scholarships. While that was true during the extra lockdown years granted as there were more player years available and no additional scholarships were allowed. Now that those extra years are all used up, the number of scholarships going to Freshman should return to normal. The only way I see that math doesn't work out is if we are seeing more kids from D2 (and lower) schools jumping up a level or kids that might have left school all together are sticking around longer.

Additionally, with the new (mostly benefitting the Big 5) settlement agreement, I believe I read they are adding two more scholarships per team over the next two years. That should create more opportunities for freshmen scholarships.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
I wasn't intending to imply that fewer high school kids will land scholarships. The point I was trying to make is that they are now most colleges' second option for filling rosters. The first option is the portal and as a result many high school kids may now have to wait longer to get their offers, i.e., late spring instead of the previous summer.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
2025 G Omari Witherspoon told
@LeagueRDY
he’s down to ten schools: West Virginia Pitt Virginia Tech Oklahoma State George Mason Clemson Vanderbilt Maryland Butler Xavier

Witherspoon is an athletic, 6-6 guard who makes an impact on both ends of the floor. Does a good job getting downhill to the basket off the bounce, has good touch around the rim and is a versatile, high-upside defender.

GTqrH-lXIAATSeX
He just announced his final three: Maryland, Pitt, Vanderbilt.